cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger workflow on PO Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to trigger a workflow when a PO is created( i.e Saved ). I have checked the tutorials that are available for PO release strategy, but my workflow is not getting triggered.

Note: i have tried by copying the standard workflow WS20000075, but doesnt work.

Can anyone provide the steps or some good document to send an email on PO Creation.

Thank You,

Radhika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Please try to check whether any EVENT is triggering or not while you are executing you transaction , this would be done using T-code SWELS where you can switch ON and OFF a trace.

Please let me know if you still need any more help.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

WS20000075 is not for trigegreing when PO is created.

This Workflow is for release of purchase order. This will be triggered for the given release strategy.

For your requirement use object BUS2012.

To know which event to use as trigegring event,

1) Go to SWELS switch the trace on

2) Go to transaction ME21N

3) Create a PO and Save it

4) Now swith of the trace and get the event information from SWEL

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Deepa Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for such quick responses.

@Morten Nielsen - der is no such method 'CREATED'.

Guys i want to trigger the workflow when i PO is just created and saved.

Please help.......

Radhika.

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you created the PO go to the T.code SWEL and check whether the Event is triggered.

If Event is not triggered, tell the Functional Consultant to check with PO Release strategy Configuration.

Regards,

Surjith

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WS20000075 this std. Workflow for the PO this has multiple levels of approvals, Depends on the no. of approvals it will flow.

The approver can be picked using the User Exit M06E0005 (EXIT_SAPLEBNF_001 - User Exit ZXM06U51), here you have to write logic to pick the Approver.

The approval workitem comes to SAP Inbox, once the approver click the workitem it will open the Transaction, there the user can approve.

To see the status of the Workflow, Go to ME23N, in the top left a button, Service Object, click on that, a drop down appear in Workflow > Workflow Overview, you can see the status here.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing the same problem if i try to execute my Workflow using Tcode SWDD it works fine,

but no event is triggered if i run save a PO in ME21N.

also if i view trace in swel it says no reciever assigned.

Please help me out of this tricky situation.

Regards,

Gaurav Sood

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Which BO and Method are you using ?

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have also created a workflow for PO change, even this doesnt trigger when i change a PO.

Do we need any configuration for PO change scenario ?

Kindly help..

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create a subtype of BUS2012 and then create a new event say 'CREATED'. Use the change document 'EINKBELEG' and link this event to this change document.

Go to transaction 'SWEC' make a new entry in the with the following inputs

Change doc. object - EINKBELEG

Object Type - ZBUS2012

Event - CREATED.

Check the radiobutton 'On Create' .Now the event 'CREATED' is being published in the system whenever a PO is created.

In the same way, link the event 'Changed' to the change document and select the radio button 'On change' for the event to be published for any change in the PO.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

thanks for the reply..For PO change i already have an entry in SWEC, yet the workflow is not getting triggered..

Any idea what may be missing ?

I will try the Create process as u mentioned above.

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

For your PO change workflow, please check the followign

1) Go to basic data

2) Click on 'Start Events' tab (check for correct BOR and Event are used)

3) Check whether Event is in active status (Green Button on)

4) Also check whether Binding Exists

5) If binding exists please check the binding between event and workflow.

Best Regards,

Deepa Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

Everything is done, startevents and binding is correct. Still workflow is not triggering.

I am not able to execute SWEL, guess there is some problem.

What could be the possible error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

When you go to SWEL some times you will not be able to identify event (though it is present) this will be because of sorting done on some other fileds.

Sort the SWEL entries on object and under the object you have used, search for the event

(based on the help of creation date you will be able to decide your event entry)

Or you can give the event name and program name (where FM is used to trigger the event) in the selection screen of SWEL and execute.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Deepa Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Also check transaction SWUD and diagnose your worklfow by giving worklfow template no.

Regards,

Deepa Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

I tried tracing my workflow using SWUD, on changing purchase order details.

I got following error:

You cannot log on (CUA system assignment missing)

Can tou suggest anything on this.

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Can you please give me the steps you have followed for Diagnosis.

Regards,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

Following are the steps:

1. SWUD

2. Entered Workflow Number

3. Executed Problem: Task Not Started

4. Executed Event Queue(tRFC log)

This is how I traced that event after PO change.

Thanks,

Radhika

Edited by: Radhika Vadher on Jun 23, 2009 7:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am still stuck with this.

I checked in SWEL, i can see an entry for BUS2012 - CHANGED, following are the details;

Reciever Data:

Receiver Type WS99900279

Receiver FM SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT_IBF

RFC Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_800

Trace Data:

Action Receiver started correctly

RFC Status You cannot log on (CUA system assignment missing)

What could be the possible error ?

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Soryy for not replying you.

Even i do not have much idea on this error. Please search SDN for this error.

Hope some CAU system is removed.

I hope this link [link1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/ea/9abf3b4f995f1ce10000000a114084/content.htm] will help you.

Regards,

Deepa Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the procedure for Triggerring workflow on change of PO:

1. Create 2 container elements in the Workflow container, since the values need

to be transferred into those container elements.

2. Create the first container element of the type Workflow

Initiator with table name as WFSYST and field name as INITIATOR.

- Go to the Properties Tab and in the parameter settings check the Import checkbox for

both the container elements.

3. Create another container element of BOR type and name it as BUS2012 and

using Business Object<BO> 2012. BO BUS2012 is used for Purchase Order.

4. define user decision step to display the PO and you can also define a step for sending mail after user decision step.

5. now Goto BASIC DATA

Enter the Workflow name and Workflow Description and change the release status to Released.

Click on the Start Events tab u2013 here we will give our start conditions.

- Give the category as BOu2026object type as BUS2012 and event as Changed.

now click on activate and then binding button.

Test the workflow by changing the PO. i.e. goto me22n and change the PO, on saving the PO, workflow will get triggered.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks to every1......my problem is solved.. had to configure RFC destination in SWU3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the configuration of the Release Strategies in the SAP IMG. Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Procedure for Purchase Orders -> Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders. Check all the activities have been done properly in this step, together with your functional consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the configuration of the Release Strategies in the SAP IMG. Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Procedure for Purchase Orders -> Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders. Check all the activities have been done properly in this step, together with your functional consultant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Darlington

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi radhika,

Girish Goyal here have u got any solution for that problem of PO Create workflow ???????????

if u got please tell me solution same issue is going with me ........................

Thanks

Girish Goyal

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to trigger your workflow every time a PO is created, then the tutorials for the release strategy workflow isn't relevant.

Try to check the events for BUS2012 in SWO1, there might be one called "Created" (I'm not on a system right now so it's a qualified guess onl ).

If you do not have such an event you might need to create it on a deleagted subtype, and then raise it from e.g. Message Control (NACE).

You need to link this event to your workflow, in order to trigger it. This can be done in transaction SWE2.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Edited by: Morten Nielsen on Jun 23, 2009 10:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Radhika ,

Explain at which step u get confuse try explain in detail so we can help u in that.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The standard workflow WS20000075 will be started only when the workflow is configured for the particular release strategy. This customization will be done by the MM functional consultant. If your requirement is to design a workflow for the PO release, configure the release strategies and then use the standard workflow or the custom one. If your requirement is to design a workflow after the creation of PO, you can use the concept of change documents to trigger the workflow.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

first goto T-code SWELS and switch on trace and run your transaction and then switch off using the same transaction.then goto transaction SWEL and check whether any event is triggered or not,

see if any event is triggered ,if triggered then go to that workitem and see what went wrong.

Please let me know if you still need any more help.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.