28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2010 11:05 AM by Girish Goyal RSS

Trigger workflow on PO Creation

Radhika Vadher
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Experts,

I want to trigger a workflow when a PO is created( i.e Saved ). I have checked the tutorials that are available for PO release strategy, but my workflow is not getting  triggered.

Note: i have tried by copying the standard workflow WS20000075, but doesnt work.

Can anyone provide the steps or some good document to send an email on PO Creation.

Thank You,

Radhika.

• Re: Trigger workflow on PO Creation
    Rajeshwar Rao Gadiraju

Hi ,

first goto T-code SWELS and switch on trace and run your transaction and then switch off using the same transaction.then goto transaction SWEL and check whether any event is triggered or not,

see if any event is triggered ,if triggered then go to that workitem and see what went wrong.

Please let me know if you still need any more help.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

Samson lam

Hello,

The standard workflow WS20000075 will be started only when the workflow is configured for the particular release strategy. This customization will be done by the MM functional consultant. If your requirement is to design a workflow for the PO release, configure the release strategies and then use the standard workflow or the custom one. If your requirement is to design a workflow after the creation of PO, you can use the concept of change documents to trigger the workflow.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Samson

GURPRIT BHATIA

Dear Radhika ,

Explain at which step u get  confuse try explain in detail so we can help u in that.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Morten Nielsen

Hi

If you want to trigger your workflow every time a PO is created, then the tutorials for the release strategy workflow isn't relevant.

Try to check the events for BUS2012 in SWO1, there might be one called "Created" (I'm not on a system right now so it's a qualified guess onl ).

If you do not have such an event you might need to create it on a deleagted subtype, and then raise it from e.g. Message Control (NACE).

You need to link this event to your workflow, in order to trigger it. This can be done in transaction SWE2.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Edited by: Morten Nielsen on Jun 23, 2009 10:16 AM

surjith kumar

Hi,

WS20000075 this std. Workflow for the PO this has multiple levels of approvals, Depends on the no. of approvals it will flow.

The approver can be picked using the User Exit M06E0005 (EXIT_SAPLEBNF_001 - User Exit ZXM06U51), here you have to write logic to pick the Approver.

The approval workitem comes to SAP Inbox, once the approver click the workitem it will open the Transaction, there the user can approve.

To see the status of the Workflow, Go to ME23N, in the top left a button, Service Object, click on that, a drop down appear in Workflow > Workflow Overview, you can see the status here.

Regards,

Surjith

Radhika Vadher

Hi all,

Thanks for such quick responses.

@Morten Nielsen - der is no such method 'CREATED'.

Guys i want to trigger the workflow when i PO is just created and saved.

Please help.......

Radhika.

deepa kulkarni

Hi Radhika,

WS20000075 is not for trigegreing when PO is created.

This Workflow is for release of purchase order. This will be triggered for the given release strategy.

For your requirement use object BUS2012.

To know which event to use as trigegring event,

1) Go to SWELS switch the trace on

2) Go to transaction ME21N

3) Create a PO and Save it

4) Now swith of the trace and get the event information from SWEL

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Deepa Kulkarni

Rajeshwar Rao Gadiraju

Hi Radhika,

Please try to check whether any EVENT is triggering or not while you are executing you transaction , this would be done using T-code SWELS where you can switch ON and OFF a trace.

Please let me know if you still need any more help.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

Actions