cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DateTime DataType is Showing as Date Type in Crystal Reports 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Crystal Reports for visual studio .net 2008 in which I am retrieving data from a SQL server 2005 Database.

I have a column in my Table which is of DateTime data type but in Crystal Reports Design It is showing as a Date type in field explorer.

I need to retrieve Time value. I am wondering what is the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

timothyromine
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Open the report in the CR 2008 Report designer.

2. Click on File / Report Options...

3. At the bottom of the window there may be a dropdown option named "Convert Date-Time Field". If there is, it will show "To Date". Change it to "To Date-Time".

4. Click on "OK".

The report will re-connect to the database and show that changes have been made to the files/views that have datetime fields. Let it update itself. The report should work now.

After the report is fixed, when you go into File / Report Options... you will no longer see the "Convert Date-Time Field" drop-down. This is the case in CR 2008 + SP3, at least. I mainly see this occur when a report was designed in an older version of CR (mainly XI) and then run in CR 2008. The Date-Time conversion option may be something left over from the older version of CR.

Hope that helps. Sorry it couldn't have been more timely.

Tim

0 Kudos

If you see only the date when previewing then it's an issue. If you are just saying in the field explorer field definition then assume it is date time type for SQL Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What happens if we create a report in Standalone Crystal Reports Designer? Does it show the date time field as date?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is showing as Date type in Standalone Crystal Reports 2008 Designer.