cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing moving average price without using MR21

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

is there an alternative to changing map without using mr21 or mr22?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use mvt 561 and 562 for doing so. Follow the steps as under:

1. Using MB1C mvt 561 enter material with some qty and Amount in LC (Calculate value as per required MAP).

2. Post the document.

3. Posting the doc results into decrease in stock with affecting the MAP as per value entered during the transaction.

4. Then again perform MB1C mvt 562 enter material with same qty (as entered earlier) but do not enter Amount in LC and post the doc.

5. This will results into increase in stock without affecting MAP.

You can perform the activity vice versa for increasing or decreasing MAP in MMR without using MR21.

Hope this will solve your query.

Cheers,

Parag Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

am not sure if i am undertsnading....firstly what does the abbreviation LC stands for?...secondly...lets say for example that i have stock 40 total value of stock 40,000 thus MAP 1000. If i want moving average price to be 500 and stock remain at 40. The method that u out line above will thus reduce total value of stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amount LC stands for Amount in Local Currency

First you need to check in config of mvt type 561/562 for the field MSEG-EXBWR (Amount in LC) if it is suppressed or optional entry. For the same follow path:

1. Go to transaction code OMJJ enter Mvt 561 and 562.

2. Select mvt 561 and double click on Field selection (from 201)/Batch search procedure .

3. Then again select mvt 561 and double click on, it wil take you to the screen Maintain field status group: Overview.

4. There double click on Materials management and check the field Ext. GA amount in LC, now click on radio button for Opt. entry to make it visible on the screen of MB1C with mvt 561.

5. Now save the changes. Carry out same procedure for 562 mvt also.

After saving you can able to see this field in MB1C 561/561.

Now for example as suggested earlier

1. For reducing MAP first you need to perform 562 then 561.

2. Goto MB1C 562 enter material with qty 40 and Amount in LC as 40,000 then just post the document.

3. This will result in zero stock with zero MAP.

4. Now again goto MB1C 561 enter material with qty 40 and Amount in LC as 20,000 and post the document.

5. This will result into stock as 40 and MAP as 500.

This process is quiet similar to initial upload procedure.

Hope now your query will be solved.

Cheers,

Parag Mahajan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, doing a movement with external value entered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not familiar with that could u explain in detail how that is done

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a movement can be customized to allow a field called external value.

Then you can receive or issue quantity and instead of the moving average that is taken by SAP itself from material master, the user can enter a value for this movement, and SAP will accordingly calculate the new moving average.

I use this when loading inventory for a go-live, this way I dont need to load the prices in a n extra step.