cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While we're all hanging around drinking coffee, I just want to show off my new phone - Nokia N97. It's a shame none of the cool software I had on my Sony Ericsson P910i will run on it though

matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently got Samsung Jet S8003.

It is THE phone.

Superb screen and all features.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not frequent travellors, daily travellors - home to work and back

pk

PS: My latest phone is a Nokia Xpress Music. The cheapest Ive bought so far. I note that as time passes by Im opting for cheaper phones.

Nokia 6020 -> Nokia E50 -> Nokia Xpress Music.

I wonder why???

Oh yeah.. Im a Nokia junkie too. Hmmm....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is Law of Inverse propertion ;-).... means your exp is increasing and phones are decreasing..... So when you are busying Nokia 1100 or say 3315 (if by any chance exist in market )

Thanks,

Raja

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Not frequent travellors, daily travellors - home to work and back

>

> pk

>

> PS: My latest phone is a Nokia Xpress Music. The cheapest Ive bought so far. I note that as time passes by Im opting for cheaper phones.

> Nokia 6020 -> Nokia E50 -> Nokia Xpress Music.

> I wonder why???

> Oh yeah.. Im a Nokia junkie too. Hmmm....

Why to wonder kishan, Might now you are getting everything in this less price only...Which before costed u more..So why should we invesment more??....

I feel more money->More money is not for NoKIA..Rock with your express Really good one...

Sas

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The worst part is I dont know why I bought an XpressMusic when I just dont listen to music in my phone. (I listen to songs only in my Apple iPod.) I guess the saleswoman was BIG influence

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

after a break from series of Walkman series phones from Sony Ericcson phone I moved to Nokia 5800 Xpress Music, Especially for its bigscreen & GPS. You guys can try Nokia Sports tracker application on it. Its a good GPS based application. Apart from that its a best mobile phone for music followed by walkman phones by sony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I guess the saleswoman was BIG influence

Which shop

Thanks,

Raja

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I guess the saleswoman was BIG influence

>

> pk

ROTFL

Hope your wife doesn't read this

By the way I use Xpress music 5310 just because its slim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

we were discussing about the new phone, and this morning my N97 has been stolen , so now have to buy new phone, your suggestions are welcome...... but this time no hi fi phone, just the phone by which i can check mails, do SDN and music will be added advantage.....

Thanks,

raja

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> we were discussing about the new phone, and this morning my N97 has been stolen , > Thanks,

> raja

Thats sad, hope you had the mobile theft software installed on it which helps track down your mobile.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get another N97. You'll see that the models they sell now don't have HiFi. Mine certainly doesn't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No praveen, No mobile theft Software , even the cop said forget it and buy new one..... Grrrr.....

@Matt--> I am not going to buy N97 again, though i lost that but after your exp i will consider some other option.....

Thanks,

Raja

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh thats bad then.Tough luck.

You can try HTC mobiles with windows OS which has almost all facilities at low(pretty low for high end phones) price.

Android OS ones are better but costlier 😮

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen, I too thinking about HTC....by the way which HTC model is best? Diamond is some what heavy on my pocket.....

Thanks,

Raja

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did you use for SDN? The browser included with N97 doesn't let me log in. And I couldn't get opera working.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SDN i use My spare cell Nokia 6233 and opera works pretty fine in it.....

Thanks,

Raja

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeap... I use Opera Mini and SDN works perfectly fine in my Samsung

Regards

Juan

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yay. I can SCN through my phone! Only works with wlan, the trick was to connect first, then launch Opera mini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!!!

Please give some valuable feedback for iphone for usage in India. Good??? Bad???

Thanks...

Vishwa.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

Here you go from [another medium |http://cellphoneforums.net/general-cell-phone-forum/t300795-need-feedback-iphone-clone-cect-india-chennai.html];-)

Cheers

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Check this out.|http://crystalunicorn.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/iphone-vs-stone.jpg]

pk

PS: Just for fun

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to say the iPhone lacks in a few areas.

1. It can't receive vCard messages via SMS

2. It can't run Java mobile apps

3. It isn't multi-tasking.

But it does look pretty.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has iBeer and Doom Resurrection

Yes, some specs are falling behind compared to other phones, but you can't beat the overall user experience, imho. Now with the 3GS the response time when clicking around is really quick too. I'm happy.

Cheers

Thomas

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Guys!!!

>

> Please give some valuable feedback for iphone for usage in India. Good??? Bad???

>

> Thanks...

>

> Vishwa.

Myself an apple fan for their OS.

If you want to use Iphone in India don't go for unlocked ones.Heard bad reviews on these.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> It has iBeer and Doom Resurrection

>

> Yes, some specs are falling behind compared to other phones, but you can't beat the overall user experience, imho. Now with the 3GS the response time when clicking around is really quick too. I'm happy.

>

> Cheers

> Thomas

The specs were behind other phones before it was launched! I can get Sim3 for mine. Which seems odd. Of course your 3GS is fast - it's not multitasking.

I'll definitely agree about user experience - my son has the iTouch iPod thingy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Love my HTC Touch VIVA....simple n cute with Win Mo 6.1

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm pleased with Nokia 3315 .

May be I'm chasing the History?

Nice weekend

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

[ACER F1|http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/acer-f1-smartphone-21-09-2009/] releasing on Oct 6th.

CPU : 8250 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon

ROM : 512 MB

RAM : 256 MB

3.8 inch TFT touchscreen display with 480 x 800 pixels

HSDPA 7.2Mbps

GPS

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g

3.5mm headset jack

FM radio

5MP autofocus camera with LED flash

Micro-SD cards upgradeable to 32GB

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends...

I am Trying to convert .Flv files To .3GP to be compatible for my mobile...

I am surprising to see not all the files are not getting converting only few are converting rest or not...Not getting wy?Any body know the reason behind this friends..

Sas

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use converter for the same.

[Flv to 3gp converter|http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/flv-to-3gp-converter.html]

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gautham,

Thanks for the Link,

But actually i have Tried 3 ,4 Diff converters But still it is not working.

Now i am in Office i cant test your link will give a try in the evening ...

Just thinking all the The video file's are displaying perfectly.

But when i am converting them only few i am able to convert not all...

Sas

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't Know much, but my IPhone (Unlocked** one) is working fine. Only problem with unlocked Iphone* is, it will get locked after Firmware upgrade 3.1.

• Unlocked IPhone - Bought outside india, in some contract, lets say contracted by TPHone / AT&T, and Unlocked through jailbreaker.*

• Unlocked iPhone - bought at IPhone Store (in my knowledge, In HK only, from where i bought, donno about US).*So be careful if you are using IPhone in India and wat to upgrade Firmware.

rest, IPhone is a dream phone to use, My rating is 5 out of 5.

Regards

Aashish

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Always wait for the hacks to be out and tested before upgrading firmware

Thomas

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats true. One of my friends is crying foul after upgrading firmware to 3.1. There is no hacks till now :)..

But i am relaxed coz of Unlocked Iphone bought at apple store :).

Aashish

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see. To clarify the terms as I understand them, unlocking means that you can use any SIM card with the phone, whereas jailbreaking means that you can install programs which are not available via the app store.

With an "official" phone you don't need to unlock, but a jailbreak can still come in handy

Thomas

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly .

But app store have almost all the necessary applications until or unless you search for some bluetooth file send to any other phone. Then we have to rely heavily on jailbreak software.

The best feature given by firmware upgrade 3.0 was to use your IPhone as modem and use phone's internet connectivity (Internet teethering). Before this, Jailbreak has the monopoly of internet teethering for IPhone.

I can open any website from my IPhone, but didn't tested any SAP Webapplication (WDA/EP).

Anyways Iphone Rocks !!!

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I also have N97, and i guess its bundled with some great features. The reason why sony and nokia;s application is not compatible because they want something unique in their phone. Anyways, Its nice to know that you have both P990i and N97

Thanks,

Raja

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They're both symbian OS - but different versions. And the software I was using wasn't developed by sony or nokia, but 3rd parties. Some of it has been developed for oldre Nokias, but, alas, not for symbian 60/5. I'm not concerned that I can't just load the old stuff onto my new phone - I can't even purchase a Symbian 60/5 version. grrrr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, Thats right, So cell phone companies now has to come with an idea, so that you can change your OS as per your Use,

And now i feel you have a Great knowledge about that Cell software, Till now i was not knowing about 60/5 or anything.......

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Yeah, Thats right, So cell phone companies now has to come with an idea, so that you can change your OS as per your Use,

or a Dual OS option will do..

Cheers

Andrew

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> or a Dual OS option will do..

>

> Cheers

> Andrew

Android or Apple iphone OS (Mac) will do for me. Symbian is volatile.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I've got the replacement for one of my apps - language dictionary. It's a pre-installed free application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great..... Now you might be some what Happy

Happy Week End

Thanks,

Raja

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Sir

Please, visit [Get Jar|http://www.getjar.com/] here you will find many Free Java and Symbian Base Applications for your Phone.

Old Symbian Version sported .sis file i think your new one will sport .sisx

Hope will help you to find more application for your phone.

Kind Regards,

Faisal

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be I'd have something to contribute to the discssions here when I get my next [phone|http://www.pomegranatephone.com/]

pk

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, this is a kind of a subject I always love to talk.

I just bought my new [HTC Touch Diamond|http://www.htc.com/in/product/touchdiamond/overview.html] - an Absolute charm.

I am using HTC since last 1-1/2 years now previously I had HTC S710 which is a wonderful phone and new Nokia E75 is mostly based on it.

Anyways, let me stay away from any discussion here as I am completely Anti-Nokia person and favors Sony more than any other phone.

PS - I want to buy XPERIA X1 but it was a bit over budget for me

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Annoyingly, I can't sdn from my phone. It says "error connecting". That's helpful, isn't it.

• grrrr *

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll tell you how it works from my new 3GS, should I ever receive it (t-mobile hotline: "supply < demand!"). Of course they have switched me to the new (more expensive) calling plan already.

Thomas

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir,

Please Check [Opera Mini|http://www.opera.com/mini/]

Hope this will work for SDN

Thanks and Regards,

Faisal

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can SDN from my phone. Its a windows OS and IE is there

PS - I know most of the SDNers don't like IE but in this case I believe- as the BASIC, as the BEST.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Sir,

>

> Please Check [Opera Mini|http://www.opera.com/mini/]

>

> Hope this will work for SDN

>

> Thanks and Regards,

> Faisal

Good idea. I was after some other software and eventually found it as a generic Java Mobile app. - works beautifully. I must get out of the mindset of just searching for N97 software.

matt

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will hopefully receive my new 3GS by the end of this week. No, I will not start a discussion on which one is better

Cheers

Thomas

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

You will hopefully enjoy your 3GS iphone as much as I do. Not to start a phone war either, as there are plenty of nice smartphone models for everyone to enjoy.

However Nokia has become increasingly not relevant in the US mobile market. It could be that most carriers here, really only truly support the "low-end" nokia phones.

Take care,

Stephen