Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ LONG TEXT FROM EXTERNAL SYSYEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need read the long texts stored in tables STXH & STXL from an external non-SAP system. I need to update an external database which is allocated in a non-SAP system with those texts and I don't know how to read those cluster data because in my external non-SAP system I can't use the FM READ_TEXT.

can somebody help me?

Regards,

Manuel

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

copy the FM READ_TEXT and then create the ZFM , and make it RFC enable use it for your Purpose. in this case you can call it remotely.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

STXH and STXL are specific to SAP, why would they be present in a non-SAP system and that too in a cluster format.

If you want to read it from a external SAP system, you can write a wrapper for READ_TEXT and call it from the SAP system.

Can you explain in detail, your process?

Regards,

Ravi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC_READ_TEXT will do it for you.

Regards,

ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer.

The problem is that my database non-sap system can only use SQL. I mean, I can read the sap database but those clusters data are not available, I can read them but they are codificated.

I don't want modify my external database from sap, I need to read the sap database from my external database.

Thanks

Manuel