cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2LIS_03_BF - Inventory Management DataSource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear reader,

i scheduled LBWE for 2LIS_03_BF Datasource about 30 hrs ago and the job is till running on R3 side. the extraction was set from year 2006 july.

does it normally take this long. If not, what could be the problem. Shall i schedule it again, or it normally takes this long.

please advise and let me know if you need more information to find out the cause.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Given that this extractor pulls all material movements that have been done, it could take an extremely long time to execute the load of the setup table. It all depends on how many movements have taken place in the last 3 years on your source system. You may want to take a look at the job on SM37 to see if it's stil active.

In the future, you may want to consider running multiple concurrent setups that are filtered by posting date. Do some analysis to see how many documents are typically created in a month and from there you can determine if your setup jobs should be set at 1, 3 or 6 month intervals. You could also use Fiscal Year as a filter, whereby your setup is executed to extract Fiscal Years 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (assuming your Fiscal Year follows a Calendar Year or close to it). If you did this, you could probably execute these concurrently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM37 showed status "active" for 3 consecutive days and i had to kill the job, as there was no indication if the job was still running or is freezed as the LUW's in job log showed this message since it started ""Extraction queue processing started MCEX03 with 442,805 LUWs"". Furthermore, if i schedule job in LBWE, there is no option for me to select the date from and to (posting date). If the way i am doing is not correct, please guide me the proper procedure.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the job is active for pretty long time, you can do the following to make sure its running.

1.got sm37--double click on your active job

2.Click on job details, note the executing server and WP number/PID

3. Goto SM66, you can find the server with WP number and PID here ( if your job is running)

4. keep refreshing and check the Action/Reason column. you'll know what action is being performed in the job if it is active.

Hope this helps

Regds

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Setting up BF for 3 years is really a long time. Did you check the number of records in the MSEG table. That should give you some idea about how many movements have happened in last 3 years in your ECC.

- Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with MM Consultant. He said on an average about 8000 records are loaded everyday in BF, so this mulitply by 365 days would be 2.9 Million records on average in a year. so 3 years would be around 9 million records.

besides this ... please advise as to which t-code should be used first ... should i run LBWE before OLI1BW AND OLIZBW .. or it doesnot make a difference.

regards.

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have a large amount of material movements every day, you should delete the setup table for Application 03 using tcode LBWQ and then run multiple concurrent setup jobs, filtered by posting date interval of 3- or 6-months, using tcode OLI1BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis.

I believe you mean to say LBWG, not LBWQ.

I have scheduled three OLI1BW jobs for each year, and one job for OLIZBW.

At this point of time i want to know whether i have to run LBWE after OLI1BW & OLIZBW jobs are completed.

I am a bit confused about LBWE, OLI1BW & OLIZBW jobs.

Please advise.

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're correct...I did mean LBWG. I was typing too fast and got my LBW* tcodes all mixed up.

You would use the LO Cockpit (LBWE) for scheduling the V3, or other delta job, anytime after you have done an init InfoPackage in your BW environment. This job will fill the delta queue table for the extractor. The delta queue table differs from the setup table, therefore you can schedule this job while the OLI*BW setups are executing.

OLI*BW tcodes execute initial setups of LIS DataSources, whereby it extracts everything into a setup table and this setup table is the source from which Full and Init w/ Data Transfer extract InfoPackages will pull data.

LBWE is the Logistics Cockpit, which is used for maintaining the LIS DataSource structures, activation of LIS DataSources and scheduling of Update (delta) jobs. The delta jobs fill the delta queue table, which you can view in RSA7, and is the source from which Delta extract InfoPackages will pull data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis.

In R3 PRD i first scheduled OLI1BW for BF, and then parallelly scheduled OLIZBW for UM... and both were done using plant filteration and posting date option. The jobs (OLI1BW, OLIZBW) were completed successfully and later scheduled successfully to the infocube. The no marker updates were (checked marked) for both.

Now when i schedule the delta upload for inventory (03), using T-code LBWE, it's again taking too long to load the delta. And also, in RSA7, the records show "0", which means i cannot see the records in Delta Queue, whereas the job is still running in LBWE for over a day. What is the issue here. Please advise.