cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction for Upload Files to Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am looking for a comparable transaction code (like CG3Z in OLTP) for uploading files directly to application server. I need this for testing the adapter for source type FLATFILE.

Does anyone know that transaction ? In OLTP it works wonderful with CG3Z. But what to do in BW 7.0 when I want the files beeing posted to directory on Application Server ?

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your OS is MS ...ask the BASIS team to give you direct login to the application server and do copy and paste in the required folder.

If it is Unix you can do it by Unix commnads..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

thanks for reply. But does this really mean I have to ask my BC-team for each upload file to upload it to a specific folder on server ? Isn´t there really a more comfortable way to do so ?

I hardly can believe this )))

Regards,

Peter

P.S. Why doesn´t someone wrote transaction CG3Z for that in BW ))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write the following program to upload the file into Application Server

OPEN DATASET l_filename FOR OUTPUT IN TEXT MODE.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.

RAISE open_file.

ENDIF.

LOOP AT it_text_data. " into l_text_data.

TRANSFER it_text_data TO l_filename.

ENDLOOP.

CLOSE DATASET l_filename.

You can check if the file has been written to application server in AL11 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You can use Function Module ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER to upload file to application server.

Regards

Hemant Khemani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way waht I suggest is...

1. Use some Windows/UNIX script and transfer the file from desktop to BW application server.

2. Check the files in Application server using some ABAP code.

3. If files are loaded then trigger the Event and then it will trigger Proces Chain.

See the following Articel..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4096bf2d-bcea-2b10-4ab4-e0683830...

Thanks

Reddy

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get an ABAP developer to write a simple ABAP program that would write a file on your frontend to the application server. The selection screen can have one parameter to provide the path of the file on your desktop and another for the application server path. The user executing the program should have authorizations to write to the application server.

There should be links to such programs on the ABAP forum.

Mathew.

mansi_dandavate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the transaction AL11