Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant using SHD0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Iu2019m looking for steps to create variant (Screen or Transaction) through SHD0. I have searched in for SHD0 or variant but I canu2019t find the steps to create variant.

Can anyone please describe the steps to create variant through SHD0

Thanks in advance

Faisal

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Total Questions: 27 (25 unresolved)

First try, then tell us where you get stuck on something which is not a replication of the transaction's documentation.

Search help.sap.com first.

Thread locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Total Questions: 22 (8 unresolved)

Thread unlocked...

Which transaction do you want to create a variant for?

Why do you want to create a variant?

Which release and component type of system is this?

Generally, you can start most transactions and in the initial screen choose the menu option Help --> Application Help.

This is a context sensitive help which will take you to the documentation on help.sap.com.

--> Do that first, and then ask a more specific question later if you are still stuck somewhere. This helps to keep the forums clean of repetitive "How to..." questions.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

As you said I read the help but I'm stuck when I'm creating a Transaction variant for va01, Following are the steps I followed but itu2019s giving me this error

"Va01 already exist"

1. Choose Goto ® Create vari. Trans. from the initial transaction variant maintenance screen.

2. Enter a transaction name and corresponding short text. Transaction type Variant transaction is already set. The following screen already contains default values for the name of the calling transaction, the variant name, and the client-specific or cross-client variant checkbox.

3. Save your entries.

I just need navigation help to create transaction variant, As far as I understand by reading the help material, TV basically called the SAP transaction and we have to create variant for that transaction

Basically I'm not sure if it is clear to me.

Do you have any link that I can use to read material about variant.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Faisal

0 Kudos

Steps are like:

1. SHD0 .... give the TCode

2. Go to tabs u201CStandard variantsu201D and then to u201CVariant Groupu201D

3. Give a group name and press enter. System will automatically suggest the Transaction Variant and click on create.

4. After defining Text desc. save it.

5. Create Screen variant.... system will take through the screens of the Tcode for which you want to create a variant to suppress some content. During these steps, maintain the Menu Functions when you get to that. At last you need to "Exit and Save".

6. While you save the Variant. it will propose you to include in a "Workbench Request"

7. Now we need to create a u201CVariant Transactionu201D for this Transaction Variant just created.

8. Go to SE93

9. Put a Customer Name of the Transaction for the transaction you want to create a Variant (for e.g. ZM01 for MM01)

10. select the option u201CTransaction with Variant (Variant Transaction)u201D.

11. In next screen, provide the TCode (that is in use to create the Variant) and u201CTransaction variantu201D that we created in the previous section.

12. Save and Exit.

Let me know for any confusion.

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

II was able to create transaction variant for BP but when it comes to assign the variant I didn't try to create new transaction for it but there is some document guided me to activated the transaction through SHD0 variant in standard variant tab, but I'm not sure should I assign the BP the original transaction with the transaction variant in the role, I created a test role and assign transaction (BP) and variant through PFCG tab but when I executed the transaction it grayed out more button then I deactivated during the screen variant.

Please advice in regards to assignment of transaction variant in the role. Is it just variant we have to assign into the role or we have to assign transaction plus variant assign into the role.

Thanks in advance

Faisal

0 Kudos

Perhaps it is not clear to you that there is a difference between a transaction variant and a variant transaction?

What do you want to achieve?

The variant transaction should be given preference in my opinion fopr limitations, as the transaction variant (assigned to a more powerfull user) would have both.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I wanted to create transaction variant that's what I created using SHD0, and disable person tab in BP transaction. I found the tutorial to do it, this tutorial also mentioned about how to create t-code for transaction variant ,once I created the transaction variant I I can create new transaction code for the transaction variant. and it shows how to do it. here are the steps

1 SHD0

2 GO-to

3 Create transaction variant

4 next page shows

- Transaction code

- Package which is local $TMP

- Transaction text

- Transaction ( in my case it would be BP)

- Transaction variant

Check mark; cross client and inherit GUI attributes

I assign this transaction code in my test role but when I execute it still have all the other tab also grayed out, Maybe I made some mistakes, I named my transaction code same as my transaction variant.

Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

>

> I wanted to create transaction variant that's what I created using SHD0, and disable person tab in BP transaction. I found the tutorial to do it, this tutorial also mentioned about how to create t-code for transaction variant ,once I created the transaction variant I I can create new transaction code for the transaction variant. and it shows how to do it. here are the steps

>

> 1 SHD0

> 2 GO-to

> 3 Create transaction variant

> 4 next page shows

>

> - Transaction code

> - Package which is local $TMP

Here lies a mistake!! You should include the new development in a Package (may be a Customer version one) but don't make it Local.

> - Transaction text

> - Transaction ( in my case it would be BP)

> - Transaction variant

>

> Check mark; cross client and inherit GUI attributes

>

> I assign this transaction code in my test role but when I execute it still have all the other tab also grayed out, Maybe I made some mistakes, I named my transaction code same as my transaction variant.

>

During creation of Transaction Variant, I think you didn't maintain the Menu Functions as you want it to be. Please make sure of these steps.

I have highlighted the line "Now we need to create a u201CVariant Transactionu201D for this Transaction Variant just created" to differentiate the terms "Transaction Variant" and "Variant Transaction".

Regards,

Dipanjan

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on Jul 8, 2009 5:25 PM