cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Campaign Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have the following requirement,and we are not sure if we can achive it.

We need to send a email campaign, and our client wants to know which clients open the email, if this is happen then we can create a Lead, we expect that is the email is open the contact list were updated as when we use an hyperlik.

We are not sure if this is possible using the Response ID, and only with Marketing or we need to use ERMS, etc.

Any helps.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone let me know how to build a rule in Decision node in campaign automation. I want to incorporate a Rule where in when a campaign element with workflow approval by employee responsible is executed and approved then it should execute close campaign element or else it should execute other campaign element which will transfer Target group to the channel.

Do we need to build this rule through BADI if yes then what is that BADI? or is there any way to incorporate the same?

Thank you

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

This InfoSet helps you determine whether a link was used at all, and if so how often. It also enables you to break down your target groups further according to their response behavior

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/37/fc60e3bebf4a9ba7121c00e295b3fd/frameset.htm

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you have a standard solution for your requirement.

I solution can be to have the flag "Request a Read Receipt" set on the outgoing e-mails and than when the e-mail is opened you will get back an informing e-mail. Thank you can use the ERMS to somehow process automatically this returning e-mail and mark the in campaign that the email was accessed and generate the lead.

This solution will involve some ABAP developments for sure.

Also, you cannot be sure that the person who will get the email will accept to send back the read confirmation.

BR,

Valentin

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be this is useful:

1. Create new target group for all the business partner who clicked the URL

Try using this BADI: SPRO>CRM>Marketing>Marketing Planning and Campaign Managment>Campaign Automation>Business Add Ins>BADI: Enhancement for Rule Processing in Campaign Automation

use this BADI to define your rule to create new target group for those who clicked (whatever your requirement) URL.

2. Create Lead Transactions for that Target Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want to learn about [Campaign Automation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/45/ff8980cbb709eee10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Features

In the campaign automation process, you can:

Model the campaign process graphically

A simple, graphic interface provides you with a clear overview of the procedures involved in a campaign.

Create campaign elements directly on the campaign automation page or in the Campaign Elements assignment block

Define rules and conditions for the process steps

For example, you can define rules for sending out confirmation e-mails when someone responds to a survey.

Plan individual process steps

For example, you can set up an e-mail to be sent to a specific target group, and then after a certain time period has passed, send a reminder e-mail.

Allow follow-up steps to be triggered based on a customer response using any communication channel, while still providing one face to the customer

Allow leads to be used as response elements, thereby allowing you to:

Send out personalized e-mails to each business partner.

Include surveys in the e-mail.

Create follow-up steps based on the answers to these surveys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike for your answer.

Maybe i wasn't enough clear in my question.

We know the CA functionality, our problem is that we are just sendng and emil that could be in HTMLori Plain text without any other option in it like a Survey o any other, and when the recipient just open the emil we want to receive a estatus or a counter updated in the Contact list table,like when you use the Tracking ++ or ## parameter.

We are not sure if it is possible using the Response ID option that exist in the Mail Form or PRC,we did'nt find a clear explanation about this two options, or if there are any other possibility.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that the counter will keep track of how many times an email with a tracking ID (We used ## attached to our logo image URL and ++ on the Survey URL) in it is opened/viewed by a recipient (or anyone they forward it to). So, I would imagine there could be a way to trigger some follow up Lead.

Beyond that, I can't help. Perhaps someone else will know how to harness that action and trigger a new action that creates a Lead.

Edited by: Mike Anecito on Jul 7, 2009 2:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

we have a similar requirement, could you please provide little more details around

"I know that the counter will keep track of how many times an email with a tracking ID (We used ## attached to our logo image URL and ++ on the Survey URL) in it is opened/viewed by a recipient (or anyone they forward it to). "

I'm interested in knowing how you added ## to logo, did you hosted the image somewhere, how you are calling this logo image in mail form, etc

regards,

Vikas