Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate a counter in CRM 2007

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I created a counter in CRM 2007.I made all the necessary entries in the counter but still its showing the status as Inactive.Also there are no application logs available.

Can anyone suggest how to make it active so that i can use it in my trasactions.

I also want to know where can we define the application group for the counter??

Regards,

PePe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PePe

You can use tcode "CRM_MPK_ADMIN - Counter Administration " to activate the Counter. There is a Activate/Deactivate button availabe in change mode.

You can maintain application group in table CRMC_MPK_APPGRP using SM30.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks..

i have activated the counter but still i cant link it to my transaction type..wheni search it in my transaction its not showing anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PePe

You need to assign the Counter to IBase, IBase Component or the iObject. This reference object should be maintained on the Transaction. Once this is done you can search and assign the counter.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can view the counter tab in my transaction without entering any ibase or component.

So can i use this area to attach the counter.currently i am not able to do so..

regards,

PePe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pepe

Counter and reading are generally valid for IBase/Component/Object. I have yet to come across any scenario where counters are used without any reference object. Try assigning the reference object to your transaction and you should be able to attach the counter to your transaction.

Also let me know what scenario you are implementing.

Regards

Rupesh

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

My scenorio is that i want to determine my warranty based on time / counter whicheveris earlier like a warranty in automobile industry.

I have created a warranty time / counter based , attached it to my ibase comp and also created a counter and attached it to warranty product and ibase component both.

Now when i create a order warranty gets determined considering the time only and not the counter.

May be i am missing some customizing steps..

I am also not aware of different characteristics of a counter..

Regards,

PePe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pepe

Open the warranty product in COMMPR01 and check Warranty tab. Here the warranty basis should be "Time/Counter Dependent".

You also need to maintain readings for the Counter. If readings are not maintained the warranty will skip the counter and will consider Time only. You can maintain the readings on IBase component, in Transactions and also using CRM_MPK_ADMIN - Counter Administration.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I have done all this settings,then too in my warranty is determined considering time only.

i chkd the warranty log in my transaction and i found the message warranty counter reading also.

Regards,

PePe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pepe

Another you can check on your warranty product under warranty tab is "Warranty Counter Data":

Select Warranty counter attribute and enter the counter validity value.

I hope you have already maintained this.

You can also try making the warranty only counter based and check whether that works.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, what do you mean by ¨This reference object should be maintained on the Transaction'. I am also not abel to assign the Counter to my IBase....