Please help to get more information about posting in special periods (13-16) in SAP.
We have following situation:
After year end closing we need to audit our financial statements for external use (IFRS). As audit lasts several months I cannot afford to leave the balances of new year unuploaded. So I perform the balance carry forward procedure before the audit starts.
Now I'd like to add some corrections in audited reporting by use of special posting periods.
My questions are:
-does these postings, performed after balance carry forward procedure affect on accounts in future (is this possible to face with problems in the future); Do I have to repeat the balance carry forward procedure?
-is this possible to divide all the postings (for internal reporting and for audited reporting) to be able to see these balances in standard SAP reports (such as S_ALR_87012300 "GL account balances" and so on) with and without postings made by use of special periods in previous years.
You can post in a previous year after performing balance carryforward. You do not need to perform bal. c/f again. However, there is no harm in running bal. c/f program multiple times.
For reports, you can restrict your selection by period. For pre-audit results, you can run from period 1 to 12. To include post-audit entries as well, run it for 1 to 13 or 16.
thank you for your attention to my problem.
Can you confirm as well if I am right by thinking that I can either:
- not repeat the balance carryforward procedure so the special period's adjustments won't affect on opening balances of new year. In this case all the adjustments will be saved as memo postings only for previous year (won't ever appear in next years).
- perform the balance carry forward procedure once more. In this case the opening balances of new year will be changed.
By the way, if I am going only to post several adjustments between GL accounts, can it lead to necessity of additional actions in FI module ( for example, R\3 may start to insist on performing of depreciation run in asset accounting for this special period ?
1. I don't think that assumption is correct. Bal. c/f program can be run multiple times. Also, once bal. c/f program is run, if you make any postings in the previous year they are automatically carried forward to the current fiscal year. Here is the bal. c/f program documentaton.
This program is used to carry forward the balances of the general ledger or another ledger to the new fiscal year.
The program can be run multiple times.
Normally, the program does not need to be run more than once, since postings to the previous fiscal year are automatically carried forward to the current fiscal year, if the balance carry forward program has already been run.
Generally, the balance is carried forward as follows:
Balance sheet accounts are transferred with all additional account assignments.
P&L accounts are carried forward to the retained earnings account. Additional account assignments are not transferred. The transaction currencies are not transferred and are totaled in the local currency.
2. In your case, if you are using new GL, you can create a non-leading ledger and post audit adjustments only to the non-leading ledger. You regular postings for the year hit both the leading (0L) and non-leading ledgers.
3. I am not good at asset accounting - so I can't answer your question on depreciation for audit adjustment postings.