Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP option not available under CMC Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Similar to a lot of previous posts.....

I am unable to see the SAP option in the CMC under Authentication, but on the initial logon screen - it is available as an option here.

The architecture is as follows:

BOE XI 3.0 with fixpack 2

Netweaver 2004S SP19

JCO files v2.1.8 and 32-bit

1) I have followed Ingo's blog and checked that the sapjco.jar files are in the right locations - they are.

2) I have tried removing CMCApp, CMCApplications, InfoViewApp, InfoViewApplications, PartnerPlatformService and SAP from \Tomcat55\webapps and then re-started Tomcat - interestingly - all the folders appear except for SAP.

I therefore tried a repair for the toolkit - and the SAP folder appeared, but in the CMC - SAP was still not available.

I therefore did a complete re-install of the integration kit - the SAP folder is available, but in the CMC - SAP was still not available.

I tried the suggestion of ensuring the registry keys were removed prior to re-installing - but still the same outcome - no SAP in CMC

3) I un-installed BOE XI 3.0 and tried 3.1 - still the same error - so have gone back to 3.0

4) I have checked the web.xml files and they have the setting as they are supposed to. Have also checked the authPluginExts.properties file and that is correct.

Any further suggestions please?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I was with this issue. I solved and I want share with you! (Platform Linux Centos, BO XI 3.1 SP3)

the problem is solved taking into account two aspects:

1. The file sapjoco. jar must be in the path /<businessobjects_root>/tomcat/common/lib.

This must be set in the CLASSPATH=/<businessobjects_root>/tomcat/common/lib/sapjco.jar

2. The libraries librfccm and libsapjcorfc must be in /businessobjects_root/enterprise120/PLATFORM directory.

Set this path in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /businessobjects_root/enterprise120/PLATFORM

IMPORTANT: This environment variables must be set in /etc/profile for all system

restart your application server

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mean "SAP" is not listed in the authentication when you view the logon screen or SAP is not listed after you logged on to the CMC in the area of authentication provider ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Before I log in - if I look at the option in the drop-down box - SAP is available.

After I have logged on to CMC - the Option for SAP is not available under the Authentication area (so not able to create a connection to my BI system).

Kind regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you sure that you system database is "ok" ?

try the following :

- check if in the path \Program Files\Business Objects\deployment\apps you see a file called "SAP.properties"

- if so open it in notepad and check if the paths and filename mentioned for deployment does exist.

- try the following : on the path \Program Files\Business Objects\common\4.0\java\lib run the "partnercafinstall.bat". important : CMS needs to be up and running.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I believe it is.

I checked t he SAP.properties file and it has the following entries:

warfile=SAP.war

appvdir=SAP

I ran the partnercafinstall file and it completed successfully - I stopped and restarted Tomcat and opened up the CMC - and still no SAP option.

Cheers

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this just a "sandbox" ? right now it looks a little bit that the system database is not ok

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Correct, this is not a production environment.

Could you give me some further checks for the system database please?

Cheers

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well the easiest one would be to uninstall the SAP Kit, reset the system database, install it again.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

I have uninstalled and re-installed previously.

How do I reset the system database? If you could let me know - I will try as you have suggested.

Kind regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you go to the Central Configuration Manager, stop the Sever Intelligence agent, go to the properties from the Server intelligence agent, go to the tab configration, use the button specify on the system database.

important: your configuration will get lost, you will basically get a blank new system database. so a user you created is not there anymore.

You need then to install the SAP Integration Kit again.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

knowing that you have probably solved this issue, as this thread is rather old.

I had the same problem today. After uninstalling and installing the Integration Kit several times I solved the problem.

In my case, on Solaris, BO does not work together with a 64Bit SAPJCo version. After installing the 32Bit version it worked.

Best

Stephan