Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDD Modification Adjustment Error Activate the table

former_member280820
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sir ,

i am working on Upgradation Project in ECC 6.0 ,when after upgrade the System ,we have to Adjust the Objects in SPDD in modification Assistan ,here there are so many objects are displayed in SPDD under without modification Assistant so i have adjut all the objects in SPDD through go T- code SPDD >Modification>Adjust modification> and save the table and also activate it but there was some error which is thrown at the time of Activating the table .

the error is customer modification different origanls and logon language.

2)table J_1IADDEXC could not be activated (Error Adjusting the database)

error is thrown in these tables

Upgrading the System from 4.7 to ECC 6.0

SPDD Adjustment.

Here when I am Adjusting the table Fields I have got some problem in adjusting the fields .

Here table :-

1)J_1IADDEXC (Orange colour means Inactive Version)

2) LIPS (Orange colour means Inactive Version)

3) MKPF (Orange colour means Inactive Version)

And also

Domains:-

1)J_1IACCNAM (Semi-Automatic Adjustment)

2)J_1IACCNM ( ,,)

3)J_1ICONDNAME1(,,)

Here what can I do for the Domains is it adjusted or reset to original.

I have got warning error when I am adjusting the table J_1IADDEXC ,LIPS, MKPF.

Actually I have go to change mode in these 3 tables and then save it and after that I have activate the table.then this error display.

Kindly send me the Proper way of Adjusting the objects and also sedn me the solution of this error ,

kindly send me the Solution

regards RS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

The adjustments will depend upon your requirement.

Semi automatic adjsutment means The Data element is adjusted but little discrepency persists.

'Reset to Original' means accepting SAP's latest version. 'Adopt modification' means adopting earlier version with custom changes.

The decisioin ( Reset to original or Adopt modification) depends up on your requirment. Need to analyze whether earlier any changes have been made to these Data elements.

*An adjustment is required for all objects that were both modified by you and delivered by SAP. If you have not made any or only very few ABAP Dictionary changes, you are generally not prompted to perform an ABAP Dictionary adjustment.

If you do not carry out any of these actions, the new SAP standard becomes active in your SAP System and your modifications are therefore overwritten. In a later upgrade, you will be prompted once again to adjust these modifications. It is therefore important that you perform one of the two actions to minimize the work involved in future upgrades.

For data elements, the adjustment and reset to original activities can be supported by the Modification Assistant

Already adjusted data elements cannot be reset to the original version. Edit the data element in the ABAP Dictionary to restore the desired status.

Following links help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2e/6d66587d9011d396b60000e82de14a/content.htm

Raj

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

The adjustments will depend upon your requirement.

Semi automatic adjsutment means The Data element is adjusted but little discrepency persists.

'Reset to Original' means accepting SAP's latest version. 'Adopt modification' means adopting earlier version with custom changes.

The decisioin ( Reset to original or Adopt modification) depends up on your requirment. Need to analyze whether earlier any changes have been made to these Data elements.

*An adjustment is required for all objects that were both modified by you and delivered by SAP. If you have not made any or only very few ABAP Dictionary changes, you are generally not prompted to perform an ABAP Dictionary adjustment.

If you do not carry out any of these actions, the new SAP standard becomes active in your SAP System and your modifications are therefore overwritten. In a later upgrade, you will be prompted once again to adjust these modifications. It is therefore important that you perform one of the two actions to minimize the work involved in future upgrades.

For data elements, the adjustment and reset to original activities can be supported by the Modification Assistant

Already adjusted data elements cannot be reset to the original version. Edit the data element in the ABAP Dictionary to restore the desired status.

Following links help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2e/6d66587d9011d396b60000e82de14a/content.htm

Raj

0 Kudos

ok fine i agree your answer first of all thanks for replying me,

i have one query ,at the time of Upgradation to Ecc 6.0 in between Upgrade Assistant Repository adjustment proceed.we will click on repository ok ,then the phase is SPDD Adjustemnt starts ,in this phase ,when i am login to client 000 and go to t- code SPDD in without modification assistant there are lots of tables and data elements and domains are there in tree form,i have adjust all the data elements ,but in table there are 3 std tables and 3 std domains are there ,which is in red colour and the domains is in yellow colour ,which are not adjusted ,all are std tables dataelements and domains ,can you tell me in this case what should i do ,already i have adjusted some objects and the objects are green in colour and activated ,but some tables fields are in pink colour and domains are in yellow colour ,i have saved all the objects in one request.

i am confused in these two activities

reset to original and

Adopt Modification

ritesh sharma

0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh ,

Reset To Original Means,

If there is no change in the Older Version and New Version Then do the Reset to Original .

In most of the Cases SAP will take care of that.

There are some cases that customer has included some additional fields .

Just Look that if those fields are there in the table. If not then only u want to go for Adopt Modification.

The tables that u are mentioned are using for the tax calculation and the MK table is for MM .

So just analyse the tables clearly .

With Regards,

Sumodh.P

0 Kudos

dear Frd,

thanks a lot for answering me ,i have solved my SPDD issue,when i am adjusting the objects in SPDD one request is generated ,i have save all the objects in that particular request,in SPAU phase ,can i save all the repository objects in the same request which i have saveed earlier.

ritesh sharma

SAP ABAP Consultant

0 Kudos

Dear ,frds,

can you tell me i have lots of objects in SPAU list with Different colours , all are standard objects ,Std include std screens ,can you tell me in this case can i reset to original or Adjust modification .i am very much confused in this or can you tell me if i reset to original the changes which comes in support package is saved on the latest version or overwritten ,or my one question is if i reset all the objects then the objects will be removed from the Spau list is it right .

kindly send me the feedback

regards

ritesh sharma

0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

The Objects which are coming in yellow color just do Reset to original . Nothing will happen if u do like tht.

Then the things which are coming in Red color that u want anlayse very clearly.

It will not moved out from the SPAU.

That will remain there in the SPAU and SPDD.

0 Kudos

1) You should save all SPDD changes into a Single transport request.

2)If you do RESET To ORIGINAL or ADOPT MODIFICATION on SPDD and SPAU objects, those will disappear from the SPAU and SPDD list

3) The color indicates :

Adjustment Color indication

GREEN Automatic adjustment done by SAP. No action / analyis required

YELLOW Semi automatic adjustment. It indicates adjustment is proper but little discrepancy exists. Hence it invloves manual involvment

RED Manual adjustment. SAP finds lot of discrepancy. So manual involvement and adjustment required

GREY Obsolete. No action / analysis required

For SPAU changes which shows in Yellow / Red, you need to check whether ealier any custom changes have been made to those.

It's very simple...In your development box, it shows the latest version. Compare it with your Quality version, you will come to know what are all the differences you have in between.

If there is no change for Yellow objects, Just RESET TO ORIGINAL

Else, if you feel, those are required for you..then ADOPT MODIFICATION.

Hope it helps you.

Raj

Edited by: Raja gurrala on Jul 13, 2009 1:04 PM

0 Kudos

Dear Frds,

thanks a lot for sending me the answer ,i have one more query related to SPAU,in modification and enhancement,s there is note correction tree in the top of the page ,so in that there are 16 notes are in green colour and infront of the note number all are Question mark in front of objects.pso how can i adjust these objects so that it will became geen colour with no discprecencies.

regards

ritesh sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I sent a PDF document to your gmail id regarding SPDD & SPAU. Go through that document once.

Regards,

Shankar.

0 Kudos

Rithesh,

Green - means automatically adjusted by SAP . No further analysis and action required from your end.

Only you need to adjust objects with Yellow and RED color

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Dear Frd raja,

i have got your Document its really helpfull for me, dear frd in SPDD Adjustment,the objects which are in yellow colour ,i am confused on that time in reset to original and adjust modification,so ill adopt the object which are displayed in tree form in yellow colour and save it in one customized request.and also the object which are in yellow colour is present in the tree and adjusted or its colour change to green ,the object which is adjusting to original is dissappers from the SPDD list so i have done wrong thing or mistake in adjusting the object if some std program runs then positively error will come,so in that case what can i do can i adjust to original or just leave .

regards ritesh sharma

0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Did you adjust standard program? If yes, was it RESET to ORIGINAL or ADOPT MODIFICATION?

What is the error you find after adjustment?

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

dear frd raja,

i have reset some Std program through Reset to original but also i have Adjust some Std program through Adjust modification and save it in one request but some times when i am resetting to original it will not ask me for request .

regards

ritesh sharma

0 Kudos

Dear ,Frds raja,

i have got one problem when i upgrade the system to 4.7 to ECC 6.0 a Error in between upgrade at the last moment the error is described as below

DDIC and Activation Error S And return Code in SAP AAAA700.RDV

IEEDO519 Table AMPL Could not be Activated.

1ETP111 exit Code 8.

we have Ignore this phase and also i have delete the Request in which the object is present or attached .after that when the upgrade is completed when creating a PO it will create a Dump when EDIT the PO.

The Table Error is

Transp. Table AMPL Partly active

Short Description Table of Approved Manufacturer Parts

Enhancement category Selected category inconsistent with implicit enhancement category

Implicit Enhancement Category :- can be enhanced char type or numeric.

Check table CI_AMPL

Field MANDT does not lie within customer namespace

Table CI_AMPL was checked with warnings

Adjustment of active dependent objects

TABL AMPL is inconsistent in active version

Check table AMPL (DEV/14.07.09/00:04)

Current enhancement category Can Be Enhanced (Char. Type) is incorrect

The following enhancement categories can be selected:

Can Be Enhanced (Numeric or Char. Type),Can Be Enhanced (Deep)

Field MANDT in table AMPL is specified twice. Please check

Foreign key AMPL-MANDT (foreign key was deleted)

No data exists (structure change caused by DROP / CREATE)

AMPL: Structure change at field level (DB is adjusted)

Check on table AMPL resulted in errors

TABL AMPL_ATTEMPTS is inconsistent in active version

Check table AMPL_ATTEMPTS (DEV/14.07.09/00:04)

Check on table AMPL_ATTEMPTS resulted in errors

TABL VAAMPL was adjusted

TABL VAMPL is inconsistent in active version

Check table VAMPL (DEV/14.07.09/00:04)

Check on table VAMPL resulted in errors

regards Ritesh sharma