cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OIF->Data loss popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have an ZABC webdynpro application which is configured in FPM->OIF and also configured in portal through URL parameters.

In my ZABC Webdynpro component, two ALV tables developed in the same view.

On portal page I have Two links each link corresponding to each table display on the same view, same component, same application, same FPM configuration(OIF)

But my question is when I do some changes in one table. but not saved and clicked on second link how to handle DATA LOSS POPUP/ Customized dialog box, even though I am handling On confirmation event-> data loss popup, the entire component is distructing no data available(Refreshing), not able to find the edited data here...

Example Links are as follows:

portal link 1.->zabc_app->table = ztable1.

portal link 2.->zabc_app->table = ztable2.

Please suggest in the same component how to handle Data loss popup screen.

Best Regards,

Naresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could not understand what you really want. Can you please seperate out what you need the needs confirmation for?

- Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Let me explain you clearly, I have a webdynpro application(FPM->OIF) which is configured in portal.

On portal side I have two links (Link to action): which are integrated between portal and webdynpro, please check the URLs at below.

Example of Portal URLs:

1. http://clientsite:1080/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zabc_ui?sap-language=EN&TABLE1=ZCONFIG1&

2. http://clientsite:1080/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zabc_ui?sap-language=EN&TABLE1=ZCONFIG2&

Please note both URLs have same WDY Application, and The above links, parametr = TABLE1 and value = ZCONFIG1 & parameter = TABLE1 and value = ZCONFIG2.

When customer click on any of the links: at the right side it appears ALV table for maintenance.

->Now I want to impliment DATA LOSS POPUP (my customer modified ALV table data, not saved and trying to click anothe link)

here I want to show a DATA LOSS POPUP: giving option: do you want to save the changes-> YES or NO.

I explored the following options to find the solution using FPM COOK BOOK

1. Created customized dialog box(popup) in Component control WDDOExit method, but not able to capture changes of table

entries

2. Reused component IF_FPM_WORK_PROTECTION and used method IS_DIRTY, here also not able to get the solution.

3. Check method PROCESS_EVENT, here also not abe to get the popup dialog box here.

4. On confirmation event-> data loss popup: The entire component is distructing it and no data available(Refreshing).

Can you please suggest me, how to handle a Data Loss Popup in a single component, the main problem is I dont have (even don't want) any buttons on FPM, just I want to handle this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Naresh Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Could you please suggest on this, waiting for your replay.

Best Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

You have to maintain a flag to indicate that some changes have been done. ( wd_this->gv_ui_is_dirty in below mentioned code )

After this you can use following piece of code to call data loss pop up in needs_confirmation method of component controller -

IF wd_this->gv_ui_is_dirty EQ abap_true.
     lv_temp = wd_assist->if_wd_component_assistance~get_text( '082' ).  " get the text from assitance class to display in pop up
        APPEND lv_temp TO lt_conf_text.
        CREATE OBJECT lo_confirm_request
          EXPORTING
            it_confirmation_text = lt_conf_text.

eo_confirmation_request = lo_confirm_request.

ENDIF.

Check this if it works..

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas and Harish,

I have tried this option also but it is not working.

When I assign value 'X' to ev_dirty in METHOD IS_DIRTY, I am able to see my entire component as an external window(but not dialog box or confirmation box), but when I pass SPACE to ev_dirty, it is not at all coming to method: NEEDS_CONFIRMATION.

Just to remind you again: I have configured FPM->OIF:->variant->mainview->subview->uibb (nothing in my initial_screen).

In my customize webdynpro component I have reused the components: IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK and FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

and used Implimented Interfaces: IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK and IF_FPM_WORK_PROTECTION.

in this scenario how to impliment the data loss popup, can you please suggest me.

Best Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas and Harish,

Any suggestions on this how to capture the Dataloss popup(or customize popup) while using URL parameter links through portal.

the main issue is we are not able to capture the changed values in NEEDS_CONFIRMATION method, when we click on links(check the previous messages for more info) one to another.

OR do we have any demo applications in FPM on this.

Waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Naresh

Answers (0)