4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2009 5:06 PM by Lalitha C RSS

calling crystal report from jsp

Lalitha C
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am new to Crystal reports. I have to develop a web application which calls a report in CE 10 by passing some parameters.

I have tried all possible ways suggested in several forums, and also in the documentation samples for this, but am not able to get what i am expecting.

CE always prompts to enter logon credentials, even though i have passed them (i tried passing them in a url and also, by setting as param). Since, i do not have access to the "enterprise", i am giving my authtype as "secWinAD".

Is it that, i can connect directly to the report only as "secEnterprise" when using

IEnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr().logon( logonform.username, logonform.password, logonform.cmsname, logonform.authType);

i am getting the following error :

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$CommunicationError: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:   minor code: 0x0  completed: No

detail:Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:   minor code: 0x0  completed: No

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$CommunicationError: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:   minor code: 0x0  completed: No

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:   minor code: 0x0  completed: No and had the following message: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:   minor code: 0x0  completed: No

Please suggest me a work around.

I am able to login using the same credentails through crystal logon, but not programmatically.

Thanks in Advance

Actions