5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2009 4:58 PM by Steve Yates RSS

Sales BOM Configuration

Steve Yates
Currently Being Moderated

Good morning Guru's! - Have the following senario & need assistance on how to set it up in configuration.

Sales BOM created for material A with component B.  Both A & B are batched managed.  When exploded in the sales order and  associated delivery, would like the pricing to be based on the material A, with all shipping & legal papers to reflect material A.  Would like to releive inventory of material B as there is no inventory of material A.

Was hoping someone could assist and point me the right direction as I am a PP guy and not a SD person.  I now enough about LUMF, ERLA and NORM just to get myself in trouble. 

• Re: Sales BOM Configuration
    RAGHURAM SARIPALLI

Hi Steve,

For the pricing at item level... you need to active pricing for the item category of the item and de-activate at header level item category config.

for inventory checking at item level only, i need to check the system..right now, not in front of the system.

Regards,

Raghu.

Ankur Agrawal

To get Pricing at Main Item Level , maintain Item category Group at Material Master of main Item as "ERLA" and for sub-items ,item Categroy Group should be NORM.In that case ,in the sales order,main Item would have "TAQ" (with Pricing) & Sub-item would have "TAE" (without Pricing) as Item category.

Check the Customizing of Item category "TAQ" & "TAE" in VOV7.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Steve Yates

Thanks for the info, but I am still missing something.  Here is what I tested -

TAE config u2013 no change ) no sturcture scope

TAQ config, updated structure scope = A, application = SD01

Bom component material master updated to item category = NORM

Bom headermateiral master updated to item category = ERLA

Created new  sales order/item category group in IMG.  ZDOR/ERLA (which is a copy of ZDOR/NORM and added TAQ,  Updated ZDOR/NORM and added TAE.

Created ZDOR Domestic Sales order = 6898

Associated Delv = 80009450

No-GO - No materials listed during picking process. ( I would like to be able to pick material component inventory here).

Ankur Agrawal

Combination should be ZDOR + ERLA + BLANK + BLANK = TAQ

ZDOR + ERLA + BLANK + TAQ     =  TAE  in VOV4.

Now go to CS01 with the main Item , Plant and BOm Usage as 5 , press enter .Maintain sub-items under Component with their quantity and Save.

Now while entering Main Item & Quantity in the Sales Order ,Sub-Item & Qty will automatically fetch from the BOM Master record maintained in CS01.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Steve Yates

Thanks, I am getting closer.  The config recommended has caused my sales order creation to require a profit segment and WBS element which is strange as I reference an old sales order when creating the new one.  I can't get past this sticking point.

New config set up is TAQ = Structure Scope A, application SD01.  TAE has not structure scope nor application.

Bom header material master = ERLA, BOM component material master = NORM.

At VOV4-  ZDOR/ERLA/<blank>/<blank> = TAQ     and      ZDOR/ERLA/<blank>/TAQ = TAE

Any other recommendations would be extremely helpful.  Thanks again for your time.