cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignment mandatory for RTP material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i'm creating PO for RTP material . i'm getting an error "Account assignment mandatory for material 101010 (enter acc. ass. cat.)"

Actually i have created a po with raw material with ROH and returnables with LEER as material type.

IN po, line item 1 for ROH material and Line item 2 for LEER mat type and ticked return indicator . where i 'm getting a error the abv error ,

why its giving and how to solve it...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UJ,

For RTP material, why you would like to generate purchase order. The material type for RTP is LEIH.

Here is the scenario for RTP :

1) Create material with material type LEIH.

2) Receive this material in MIGO, using 501M movement type (Accounting Document will not be created)

3) Issue RTP stocks to vendor in MIGO using movement type 502M.

Regards,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i said.. user may not keep remember to enter 501 mov every time. ie the reason i need to mention in po itself ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check your comany code for which you are creating the document & the respective controlling area & number...If you are not able to solve contact your FI team for details as they only configure the Company code, a/c assignment, controlling area, CO number etc.

Only they can give you a help or may be you will need to refer the enterprise structure in detail. Also check details about your Chart of accounts & G/L accounts. I have also come across a similar situation.

Iam new to sap. So kindly neglect if it is wrong.

ashwin_.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

*Material is valuated on plant level.

*the qty and value is updated on the basis of mat type.

1. procurement for consumption normally will be made without qty , value or both.

if so we can procure w.r.t a cost centre or sales order etc, ie account assignment.

so that when we do GR , the account assignment will be DR and GR clearing will be CR.

2. if you want the stock to get posted to Raw mat account . Maintain Qty , Value update at plant level.

rewgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check in customisation of material type LEER for quantity updation and value updation.

Srinivas Kona

Former Member
0 Kudos

For LEIH mat type... value won't update since is retrun packaging material.s

Edited by: UJ on Jul 20, 2009 1:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

then quantity updation must be applicable.I gave general answer for other material types.

Srinivas kona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks srini..

i have checked qty update.. tell me , if we need to enter any a/c assignemnt in po for this mat type?? since its giving error as per abve