Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of L_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of L_TCODE?

Isn't it sufficient if we control the access using S_TCODE already?

It seems that in 4.6C, when accessing LI11N, system only checks if L_TCODE.TCD = LI11.

So all roles with S_TCODE.TCD = LI11N also have L_TCODE.TCD = LI11.

Similarly for these txn code

LI02N

LI03N

LI12N

LI13N

BUT After upgrade to ECC6.0, existing roles hit missing auth error : Lack L_TCODE.TCD = LI11N.

As a result, many roles need to be added with L_TCODE.TCD = LI11N

Is adding L_TCODE.TCD = LIXXN to the existing roles the only way to save the situation? or is there a better way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to the above issue I think you need to add these in L_Tcode as you will get this error in su53 dump. Hence adding the txns in L_tcode for warehouse related txns which u mentioned will help.

Regards

Aveek.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

L_Tcode is used for Warehouse Management Transaction codes and related to Logistics.

S_Tcode is for every transaction irrespective of module viz. HR, Quality etc. For better management of WareHouse related transactions and activities this auth object is used. Please let me know if any issue. It will restrict in using ware house related txns. Please let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to the above issue I think you need to add these in L_Tcode as you will get this error in su53 dump. Hence adding the txns in L_tcode for warehouse related txns which u mentioned will help.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Yes, I was welcomed by lots of SU53 error.

Solution 1 : Manually add the missing tcd values in L_TCODE obj to all affect roles.

I believe there are no function modules that can help in automation work for this, aren't there?

Solution 2 : Can we give * value to L_TCODE since they can be controlled using S_TCODE?

Can user still access LI11N if I only assign * value in L_TCODE and NOT in S_TCODE?

Ha, this sounds like a lazy solution, but we still need to manually assign the values to every affected roles.

0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Please note that if you do not assign the txn via menu it wont be available in S_Tcode. You will not be allowed to run the transaction if it is not present in s_tcode. Hence providing the value only to l_tcode for this txn wont allow to work altogether.

2. Giving * in L_Tcode is ok but again the security related to ware house management will be compromised. But it will definitely work. Manual addition is needed.

Please let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<copy&paste_removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 21, 2009 9:22 AM