cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Storage Location - in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to integrate SAP Easy Document with DMS. I am able to chekc-in the file with Tcode CV01n in to storage category whcih I have created. But when I try to check-in the file through SAP Easy Document, system will give the error as " Error while check in storing".

I think SAP easy document is taking some other storage catogory by dafult. How can I default the storage catogory which I have created.

Thanks

Damodar Pai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar,

in the EasyDMS settings menu you can enter a KPRO storage category on the second tab for your system. This storage category is used as default category for KPRO storage then.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton to you Both. Problem solved.

Regards

Damodar Pai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wali1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All

Can some please help me in changing the storage location.

At the time of creating a document type I have selected incorrect storage location in the popup which asks for the selection of Storage Location and I want to know how to change it to correct one.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Regards

Wali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waliuddin

Go To SAP Easy DMS --> Organize-->Preferences-->system (Tab)

In Default Storage system , you can change the maintained storage locationin  maintain your storage location in Using KPro(content server)

Regards

Vijay kumar hebbal

wali1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay

Further I would like to know is regarding PDF and JPG files.

I will give an example of JPG first, when I am creating JPG file and saving it, It is also creating a TIFF image file for the same, I do not know for what reason.

Please let me know if I have to check something in configuration settings ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Wali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In DMS configuration for Workstation Application TIFF is maintained for files of format *.jpg. So it is  creating a TIFF application but if you check the file name in Originals it will be in *.JPG

Regards

Vijay kumar hebbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waliuddin Mohammed

As per rules of engagement Please create separate Discussion topic.

Regards

Vijay Kumar Hebbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Dam

1. IF u using HTTP content server, then u have to set flag 'USE Kpro' for your document type. in DC10, 'define document

type,basic data screen.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have already set the Use KPro flag in DC10. But not sure about the basic data screen.

My requirement is to keep the default storage category which I have created.

Regards

Damodar Pai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please send error??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Error is coming as " Error while check in storing"

Regards

Damodar Pai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the following

1.)When logging on via Easy DMS for the first time, system will prompt you to create a root folder. Confirm dialog box with u201Cyesu201D and enter name of the root folder.

2.)When creating the first document (see Business Process Procedure script) of a particular document type, select the appropriate type from the dialog box (for example XLS for Microsoft excel files) and activate the checkbox Use this application for all files with this extension. Choose OK.

3.)When creating the first document (see Business Process Procedure script), select default storage u201CDMS_C1_STu201D and activate the checkbox Use this storage category for all files. Choose OK.

note : use your storage catagory!

Benakaraj

??P