cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

factory calendar error in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

when i enter a part number and plant in MD04, the systems is giving an error message as

3,759 date comes after end of valid factory calendar.(please correct). Message no 61062. Please help? Why is this coming?

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the validity of your factory calender in T- cose SCAL for this chek the calender IF from your plant by using t-code OX10

enter your plant and then go to details and check the last field of Factory calender

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

I just tried to extend a factory calendar in our system and it seems SAP only allows until year 2098. So we were able to extend it until 2090 when we encountered this before.

You can try to debug the MD04 transaction and follow the steps in OSS note Link: [204127|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/204127].

Former Member
0 Kudos

The factory calendar is from 1996 to 2010. so you mean to say i should change the valid to date from 2010 to 3759?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Sorry about the abbreviation. SRL is Stock/Requirements List (transaction MD04).

Please try out my suggestion of extending the factory calendar to 3759 so you can view MD04 again. This is because there are a lot of MRP elements that can have a date of 3759 and cause your issue. It can be a Planned Order, Delivery, Sales Order, Independent Requiement etc so the best way is for you to be able to view MD04 and see the exact element having a date of 3759.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

This happens if you have an MRP element in the SRL that has a date with the year 3759. We encountered this previously and we found that a change was made to the maximum lot size, setting the value to 1. When there was an order for 1,000,000 qty, MRP created Planned Orders until year 3000. There was also an instance where a customer order was incorrectly created with year 2090 instead of 2009.

What you can do is set the factory calendar used by the plant (seen in OX10) to be valid until 3759. This can be done in transaction OY05 or SCAL and choose the factory calendar option. You can then extend the validity for the factory calendar to 3759 and you should be able to view the SRL after.

You can then determine the exact MRP element that is causing the issue and fix it. You also have an option to return the factory calendar back to the original setup.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is SRL? Also there are so many parts in the BOm of this part (that was put on MD04). How can i find out whether a sales order has been created way into the future? i checked the sales orders for this header material and dates are fine. I looked in the material master and i see that strategy group - 40, Consumption mode -2, Fwd consumption - 365 and backward consumption - 15. are these causing the problem?

Thanks

Anusha

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need to Go to Transaction SCAL and check the validity date of Factory calendar.

Once it is ok then you need to check whehter it is assigned to plant in OX10.

Try and revert back.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I checked in SCAL a factory calendar by name US is there and this same calendar has been assigned to the plant in OX10. I also checked the PO lines to make sure that none of the line for this part has a date in future. This part has lot of BOM components beneat it. Nothing worked. Please suggest other areas to look

Thanks

Anusha

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check one of the POs/ documents created for their dates .May one line would have been with the date exceeded with the factory calandar definition for that plant.