cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating ERP Sales Order from CRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing the scenario-Creating ERP Sales Order from CRM. My doubt is:-

Do we need to download the entire product data from ECC via middleware to implement this functionality?

Is it possible that we manually create few products in CRM with same heirarchy and category and avoid middleware data download?

My basic doubt is-what product information is passed to ECC from CRM when we create the ECC Sales Order? If only product id is passed, then we can avoid middleware data download for product from ECC to CRM.

Can anyone please provide me some pointers on this? What should be the approach-download product data from ECC to CRM or manually create product data in CRM?

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m trying to figure out the ERP Sales Order Scenario in CRM, i found the following link (sap.help) to customize the ERP sales Order in CRM, it´s a quickly guide supported by SALESPRO but in my case does not work, if somebody knows how to retrive the Order in IC i´ll appreciate.

Here a quick Guide -->

Prerequisites

You can directly create and change an ERP sales transaction in SAP CRM once you have carried out the following:

You are using SAP ERP for your Quotation and Order Management.

You are using SAP CRM.

You have assigned the relevant ERP sales transactions to a profile.

You do this in Customizing for CRM, by choosing Customer Relationship Management Transactions Settings for Sales Transactions Define Profile for ERP Sales Transactions .

You have defined an RFC destination.

You do this in Customizing for CRM, by choosing Customer Relationship Management CRM Middleware and Related Components Communication Setup Define RFC Destinations .

You have defined a business role by copying the standard business role SALESPRO to your own. You make this setting in Customizing for CRM, by choosing Customer Relationship Management Business Roles Define Business Role .

You have defined cross-system copy control of transaction types.

You do this in Customizing for CRM, by choosing Transactions Settings for ERP Transactions Maintained via CRM Cross-System Copy Control for Opportunities and ERP Transactions

I want to see the screens or video regarding with this scenario.

Regards,

Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check Lead to Cash scenario, which tells how to create ERP sales order in CRM 7.0.

thanks,

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You need to have ECC 6.0 or it will not work as the LORD api in ECC does not exist in earlier versions.

Check out either best practices, help.sap.com or config guides in Solution manager for more detail.

If you have downloaded all the correct customisation objects, business partners and products plus done all the correct IMG config for ERP sales order it should work.

Cheers

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the infos but I don´t find any Best Practice guides (SAP CRM 7.0) in the SAP service marketplace.

Could you send me a link to the guide you used or the documentations? This would be very nice.

I also checked our solution manager. But there I also find nothing how I could customize this functionality.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Andreas

Hi Andrew,

now I found the error in our system.

In the enclosed RFC connection I use a systm user.

The logon into the R3 will be done by this user. Maintained in the ERP Salesorder profile.

The logon language of the sytem user is different to the logon language of my customizing user. Out of this reason I didn´t got any description for the transaction types in the erp_salesorder profile.

After changing the logon language of the system user. The description are determined and now everything is working fine.

Regards

Andreas

Edited by: Weigel Andreas on Sep 25, 2009 12:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I am going to implement the ERP Sales Order as well in our CRM 7.0 System.

Did you find any customizing documentation to be done for using this feature. I checked there are no Best Practices available jet for ERP Sales Order.

Could you send me the documentation you where using or write in a list of steps which need to be carried out.

Thanks

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For those of you that have implemented the ERP Order functionality from CRM7, can you let me know what User ID the ERP Orders are created under?

We have setup this scneario in our CRM7/ECC6 environment, and the orders are created ok in ECC6, but they are all created with the User ID that is set in the RFC Destination. This is not good from an audit trail perspective, also, some actual users have different user PIDs and different user Roles which we would like taken into account in ECC6 when the order is created.

Is there any standard CRM7 option to use SSO to have the logged-on CRM7 user be the user that creates the ERP Order in ECC6 (all of the CRM7 users exist in ECC6 with the same user ID with appropriate Sales Order Roles already), or is the user that creates the ERP Sales Order always going to be the user ID inside the RFC Destination? (and note that we dont want to use Transaction Launcher, so please dont suggest that)

Thanks in advance,

Brendan

mbablani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Brendan

Did you try creating a trusted RFC connection between CRM and ERP and assigning that connection to ERP Sales Transaction profile in CRM. This should create the ERP Sales Order with the user logged in to CRM.

PS: Each CRM user should exist with same id in ERP.

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks very much. I'm a technical person, not functional, and was advised it's not possible in CRM7. Based on what you said, I had a look at CRM config and found that you can set an RFC Destination against ERP Orders which was the key.

With that I can simply create a separate RFC Dest and setup the trust relationship between systems and used the logged on CRM user (Set RFC dest with no user and "current user" checked) instead of a hard-coded RFC user. Easy.

And yes, all our CRM users exist as ERP users with Sales Order Roles and we would use CUA to ensure they are always in both systems.

Thanks again.

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

We are working on the same scenario now, would you mind if you can advice on our issues here.

We've already setup the RFC destination, but when I went to maintain the Data profile for ERP sales transactions, I found that document type "OR", "FD" are not available in the list, but some other sales transaction types are available here.

What I don't understand is if there is anything need to be set for the transaction types in ECC to make it possible for the CRM cross client copy control?

Thanks in advance.

Rgs, Michelle

hasan_zubairi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Brendan,

The USERIDs that exist on the CRM must also exist on the ERP as well. Please do not use a standard login/password in RFC otherwise you will run into the issue that you're facing. Hope that helps.

Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I just using the UI. If I take the salespro profile and add there the RFC destination, it doesn´t work too. I think I have forgot something in the customizing but I do not know what.

Do I forgot middleware customizing etc.?

I´ve read that it only works if you have an SAP ECC 6.0 with Enhancement Package 4.

Is that right?

I also checked the IMG.

Do you know where I could get a how to guide or do you have me a list of the steps I have to do?

Thanks and Cheers

Andreas

Edited by: Weigel Andreas on Aug 19, 2009 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

It could be anything. Do a search on ERP sales in the IMG, make sure you have set up the profiles correctly with the appropriate RFC destination linked to it.

Are you using the IC or just UI. Chek out salespro as that works if you assign a RFC to the salespro profile.

Cheers

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

perhaps this small movie helps to answer which information is send from CRM ot ERP if you create a ERP sales order out of the CRM:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/50745dbb-e6ab-2b10-5988-c434dbbb40d6

I also have a question to the ERP sales order scenario:

- I´ve customized the necessary things in the IMG (I hope so)

. I´ve customized the profile for ERP sales transactions (in this profiles the transaction types are defined)

. I´ve added the profile to the business role

. I´ve customized the assignment of the transaction types to the sales area

. I´ve customized the transaction types, that they are visible in the Web UI

Did I miss something? Do anybody have a documentation how I have to customize this functionality?

My doubt is: If I click onto the ERP sales order link in the WebUI the pop up of the sales transaction types will open but no transaction type is in the pop up.

Regards

Andreas

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowleadge you have to download products via middleware. otherwise you might have problems when transfering orders from CRM to ERP. I think that middleware sets also the key (GUID) in CRM that links ERP products to CRM products. That's why it's very important to have the same settings for products on both sides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

You should take this note into account before implementing the ERP sales transaction in CRM. See note for restricitions:

Note 1078575 - ERP sales transactions in SAP CRM.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

you should read the following note 1236015.

There it is explained that you have to download all business partners and products out of the R3.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robit,

Basically the correct idea is to download the product information into CRM. This is not a major overhead at all and is quite simple to do. It then opens the door for marketing functionality when using the ERP sales order in CRM as well as viewing the product information.

The ERP sales order in CRM is just a UI for actually creating the order in ERP via the LORD api so in fact CRM is not passing product information to ECC the user is entering in the product and ECC is passing back line item information.

Cheers

Andrew

Chris_Schutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew ,

Do you use the "ERP Sales Order from CRM' scenario ? My understanding is that the scenario branch the session over to ECC and the Sales Order or Sales Quotation is created and saved in ECC ? I'm correct . If yes the Material master / Pricing Master / IPC and Variant configurator .... is in ECC (only ) ?

Maybe that is not how the scenario works, .... not a lot of information ....

Thank you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have implemented the ERP sales order functionality. You are correct you are directly calling ERP to create the order via a CRM UI so the matrial master, pricing etc is in ERP.

However if you want to get more product information, use a product catalog for example in helping to enter products into the order, or using marketing functionality such as cross selling then you need to download the products into CRM. There is no CRM UI for ERP transaction MM03 for example.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

I would like to know if the ERP sales order created from CRM are recorded in CRM as a customer history and changeable transaction u201Cwithout creating as Sales order in CRMu201D is possible or not. As I want to implement consignment scenario and it is not supported in CRM so I want to create the consignment transaction using the ERP sales order from CRM UI and having this record in CRM customer history

I have post a thread question on :

Thanks in advance

Jacopo Francoise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we need to download the entire product data from ECC via middleware to implement this functionality?

Yes all the products has to be in CRM.

Is it possible that we manually create few products in CRM with same heirarchy and category and avoid middleware data download?

Yes we can create the product manualy in CRM,but being the system has designed such manner for Download.

My basic doubt is-what product information is passed to ECC from CRM when we create the ECC Sales Order? If only product id is passed, then we can avoid middleware data download for product from ECC to CRM.

All the product configurarion datas,when creating the sales order will flow to the ECC SO.

Regards

Prakash