cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Master enhancement - New Fields not editable in WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to add new fields for Alternative ID for Product view and enter the values from WebUI. However after the enhancement, these fields are not editable on Webui and the field value says "ZProdSetZCMS_CNK_ALTID not bound"

What i did:

1. Created a new settype ZCMS_CNK_ALTID with 2 attributes. This has automatically created fields in BOL model.

2. Enhanced the component PRD01OV and in view PRD01OV/CustomHeader i added a new context node and linked this with BOL .

3. Then for the 2 fields i generated getter and setter methods .

4. Created configuration for this view and added the 2 fields.

Now the two fields are visible on WebUI but not editable . it says not bound. I dont know what kind of binding is required. These fields need to be filled manually from WebUI, thats our requirement.

another interesting find is, if the fields are entered first from GUI , then it becomes editable from WebUI also.

Let me know if i have missed anything.

Thanks,

Shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shavali

I think this should not require any development. As I understand the basic requirement is to add a new field to the product master. Which is a functional task and does not involve any development. For Alternate ID please see following IMG path where you can define Alt ID's and aslo assing them to product type :

IMG >Cross-Application Components > SAP Product > Alternative Product IDs

You can also Create UI Configuration for Alternate ID Type using CRMM_UIU_PROD_ALTID.

Note: Getting the set type to Web UI is also a functional task and should not involve any development.

I hope this helps.

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

The steps you suggested to add the alternative ID are correct and i initially tried the same to add new fields on Webui. However, i could not proceed on this . I did the following:

1. Create settype and assigned 2 attributes

2. Create Alternative ID in the path you mentioned.

3. created UI configuration for my alternative ID from transaction CRMM_UIU_PROD_ALTID.

4. i included my 2 new fields in the new config for view PRDHS/AltID.

However , im not able tosee this view and my fields after this. i dont know if i missed something. Please suggest any hints to solve this.

So, i tried the other option of adding context node and showing my 2 new fields on view PRD01OV/CustomHeader. In this case, the fields are now visible, but not editable. im going to try the solution, suggested by Pankaj to define dependency and see if it works.

But definitely as you suggested option 1 is right approach as SAP provides easy way of creating config, but it does not show the view at all. Let me know if you can help here.

Thanks a lot,

Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shavali

Alt ID is also integrated in product search not only in SAPGUI but also in WebUI. With the development you are doing you'll end up doing more work later to enhance the search for products using alt id.I dont blame you for this since some one from the functional team should be aware of this.

See the below link for steps on Alternate ID Configuration.

[Alternate ID on Product|http://sites.google.com/site/rupeshpatil/tweets/alternateidonproduct]

note: If you have more that Alt ID even that is configurable.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is very useful. I missed the step of assigning the alternative ID to category, With this method, we dont need to create context nodes for my attributes. Thats helpful.

On the comment about additional dev for searching product based on alternative ID i dont face any issue here . Im able to search for products based on Alternative ID in Web UI and GUI. Once we generate the Alternative ID and assign set type to category and maintain alternative ID values, it is searchable i believe.

However, im still facing an issue and need help.

Can we assign only one alternative ID to a category? We have multiple alternative ID's for the products belonging to same category and need to be shown on product header in WebUI.

How can we do this? Pl suggest.

Thank you,

Shaik

Edited by: Shaik Shavali on Jul 26, 2009 1:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shavali

I never had to implement multiple alt id's but I definitely believe it possible by config.

I can only give you guidelines.

Method 1: Using 2 Categories (I would call this as SAP standard and method 2 below as a workaround)

1. Create a new category and then repeat steps from 1 thru 6 from my previous post

2. Now since you have 2 alt ids you'll need to make one of the as Main Alt ID. Make one ID as main here:

IMG >Cross-Application Components > SAP Product > Alternative Product IDs > Define Sequence of ID Types

Object type= BUS1178, Order = 1, ID Type = your main id

Object type= BUS1178, Order = 2, ID Type = other id

The main ID type is displayed in the header data together with the product ID and description.

3. There is a bug in standard and also corresponding note is available

Bug: When you search using "ID Type = other id" in web ui the result list will display Main Alt ID value in Alt ID column.

Apply oss note to resolve:

Note 1322906 - Product search result and searched alternative ID

(above note is valid for 7.0 but hopefully should work with 6.0)

Method 2: Workaround (if you need to assign 2 alt id's to one category)

1. You should have done steps 1 thru 6.

2. Add another attribute to the Set type.

3. Check if your set type with both alt id's is available for input in COMPR01

4. Maintain values for both and test search products using alt id for both.

5. Create a Enhancement set

Use transaction SM34. Open the view cluster BSPWDVC_CMP_EXT and create the enhancement set that you can later use in the BSP Component Workbench.

6. Assign Enhancement set to a Client

To assign an enhancement set to a client, use transaction SM30. Open table BSPWDV_EHSET_ASG to make the necessary assignment.

7. Enhance Product Component: PRD01OV

TCode: BSP_WD_CMPWB - BSP WD Component Workbench

Click on enhance component.

You can view the result in SM34 view cluster BSPWDVC_CMP_EXT

8. Now Create UI Configuration for Set Type

Tcode: CRMM_UIU_PROD_CONFIG

9. Assign Set Types to Overview Pages

CRMM_UIU_PROD_GEN

10. Move new component view to displayed assignment blocks:

TCode: BSP_WD_CMPWB - BSP WD Component Workbench

Component: PRD01OV

Enhancement set: Make sure you enter your Enhancement set

View PRD01OV/MaterialOV > Configuration > Copy Configuration

now move your Zsettype component to Displayed assignment blocks

The veiw id will look like follows in "Available assignment blocks" when you turn on "show technical details".

Zsettype.PRDGENSET/SLSetOVE

You would see a new assignment block with both alt id's. Search will work for both alt id's. The Ale id assigned to the category will be available at the header

Hope this helps

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shavali

Just wanted to add that you'll probably need 2 set types for 2 Alt id's.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue of showing the alternative ID is resolved. Hence im closing the thread. For the problem of Multiple alternative ID , im opening a new thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I have same Requirement like, i have created a set type with an attribute.

Now i want to assign this set type as searchble field as Alternate ID.

How can i configure set type as alternate ID.

I have followed the process which you mentioned But it is not working, Am i missing any thing?

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

remove code from create_node and delete create_your node method.

If you dont want to delete existing node, then remove binding code form create_your node method and create new node with different name.

Best regards

Pankaj Kumar

Edited by: pankaj kumar on Jul 24, 2009 8:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the trivia.. im still unable to delete the context node.

From the implementaton class of context, I deleted the method create_zcnkaltid and from method CREATE_CONTEXT_NODES deleted the call to create_zcnkaltid

Is that all? But i still see the contex node with its class and its fields in config, though when i expand the context nodes , i get message component create_zcnkaltid does not exist.

Regards,

Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The best apporach would be to delete context node created by you. Create it again. The step that you missed last time is in define dependency you were required to add higher level context node as PRODUCT and BolRelation as ZProdSetZCMS_CNK_ALTID . All the required code in backend will automatically get generated and every thinng will work perfectly fine.

Get back to me if you face pbm

Best regards

PAnkaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Can you let me know how to delete the context node? i dont see any option for this. I searched the forum for help, but could not find any.

Thanks,

Shaik