cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Transport in STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to transport many transport requests. I knew that one request can transport at a time . But solution can not fulfill our requirement. We need to transport at a time 20-30 request.

Can any one suggest how to do mass transport in STMS.so that i could transport many request at a time.

Thanks in advance,

Chimsik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can select multiple transports but they wont run in parallel. Only one tp process can run on one system at a time. The next import will start only after the previous is finished. There is no shortcut to this due to the limitation of tp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a topic of interest for us. We are getting ready to go-live in the next 3 weeks. We have close to 400 transports in the queue that need to be applied from QA1 to Production system once the PROD is up.

We have a concern for mass import. Objects can be contained in multiple transports to due to revisions. What are the effect of mass import in such cases, will the objects be messed up?. I would appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Girish,

Dont Do Mass transport at this stage.

There will be dependencies and things may become messy.

Transport one by one and check the logs and then do the next transport.

This is my personal opinion.

Rgds,

Bapujee Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Let me also take a chance to explain you people how to do mass transports:

Basically you people can do mass transports, as our freinds told that the objects can be in multiple transports and the transportorder should be transporte according to the release of the time. For this we have a transaction "SM49", before transporting the transportorders into PROD we have to excute this transaction so that STMS adjusts automatically the transportorder according to the time of the transportorder released.

Natrually we can transport mass transports at a time in STMS. After releasing the transportorders from QA to PROD, in few minutes all transports will be found in the PROD qeue System from there u can select them as bundel and take the "BIG Transport Vehicle" where it transports at time. This is my exp. as I am responsible for our Transportmanagementsystem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

Can u explain this....

"For this we have a transaction "SM49", before transporting the transportorders into PROD we have to excute this transaction so that STMS adjusts automatically the transportorder according to the time of the transportorder released."

SM49/SM69 shows the list of external OS commands.

Have u created any Zcommnad and executing that through sm49?In that case can u explain what exactly u r doing in SM49?

Your help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naidu,

excatly we have created a SORTBUFFER on the Unix machine so that when u excute this the transportorders will adjusted according to their time of release, so that ur objects will not messup and the transportorders will be transported in sequentialorder.

Last but not least: Just check that the transportorders should be released in the following sequential order

1 DDIC

2 Customizing

3. Reportsource etc etc.

In case if these are already released we have to think of this Sortbuffer. I am damm sure that ur SAP-BASIS people r well informed.

Regards

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev for the explanation.

Regards,

Bapujee Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naidu,

If you think that our answers are helpful or solved ur problem. Please reward points to all of them who have helped u.

Regards

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sanjeev,

thread is not posted by me.

so i am unable to assign points.

thanks anyway.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chimsik,

I think u have opened this topic, could u pls reward points to all the people who helped u.

Regards

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prince,

My earlier message says that iam able to select mutilple but not able to transport at a time all selected requests.Please suggest.

- Chimsik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chimsik

do this.

scc1->select source client->on the transport request field click F4 -> under request/task click multiple selection-> add ur request to (single vals)list ->F8 (copy)-><b>now under select request/task u can see only one value</b>->F8 (execute)->check including request subtask.->click on start immediately (F5).

note: after selecting multiple request u an able to see only first request of list at main screen of SCC1 dont's worry about that.

this wan u can perform mass local import.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chimsik,

Were you able to do the transport?

Thanks

prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sailesh/kaushal,

iam able to select multiple request but not able to startimmdiatly all request at a time. After i select multiple request when i go to transport request menu in main SCC1 iam able to select onle one request not many.

Can u pls suggest step-step to import mass request in SCC1.This is very urgent for me.

Thanks,

Chimsik

Former Member
0 Kudos

run SCC1 on the target client then give source client then do F4 on Transport request and define the request number there like <sid>Kxx100 - 110 etc.You can click <b>multiple selection</b> button

Thanks

prince

Message was edited by: Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

iam able to select multiple request but not able to startimmdiatly all request at a time. After i select multiple request when i go to transport request menu in main SCC1 iam able to select onle one request not many.

Can u pls suggest step-step to import mass request in SCC1.This is very urgent for me.

Thanks,

Chimsik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

thanks for reply.Iam not able to find mass import menu screen in STMS.

Also suggest how to mass import in local clients using SCC1. Iam able to select multiple request at a time but not able to import all.

Thanks

Chimsik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chimsik

it's possible mass request import using stms.

(all request must be relesed before import)

run stms ->F5->click refresh -> double click on the queue

->now select the request one by one with F9-> now using ctrl+F9 u can import mass request.

(before mass import make sure there are no dependency)

u can also import local mass request using scc1

scc1->select source client->on the transport request field click F4 -> under request/task click multiple selection-> add ur request to list -check including request subtask.

this wan u can perform mass import.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chimsik,

Usually stms is used to transport requests to different systems in the landscape but scc1 is used to transport between clients within the system.

In scc1 you can do mass transport, but for that you do not need to release the requests.

Using stms also you can mass transport the requests. Select the requests one by one and then click on the transport all request icon. But for this you have to release the request in the source system.

With Regards,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do it from the OS level.write a script that makes the tp addtobuffer and import and run that from os level as <sid>adm. Or go to STMS and select the requests you want to import and click on mass import truck

Thanks

Prince