cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IInfostore.query() failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BOE XI 3.1 and trying to open a report through a java servlet, that had been scheduled earlier.

After logging in and getting an enterpriseSession, I am trying to query the report instance:

infoObjects = infoStore.query( "SELECT SI_NAME, SI_ID FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_ID = " + rptId);

However I am getting a class not found exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.crystaldecisions.celib.properties.c

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:71)

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:132)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.plugin.desktop.report.internal.ReportFactory.makePlugin(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.pluginmgr.internal.PluginMgr.getPluginInterface(PluginMgr.java:291)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InfoObjects.continueUnpack(InfoObjects.java:409)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InfoObjects.startUnpack(InfoObjects.java:361)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InternalInfoStore.queryHelper(InternalInfoStore.java:712)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InternalInfoStore.query(InternalInfoStore.java:566)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InfoStore.query(InfoStore.java:167)

I cannot find the class in question: com.crystaldecisions.celib.properties.c in all the jars provided by business objects. The report instance exists and I am able to view the report through CMC. I also tried the query in query builder and its just fine.

Kindly let me know how to go about this. Where is this class com.crystaldecisions.celib.properties.c?

Thanks,

Jithin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The exception is stating it cannot find a Java class with an obfuscated name.

Starting with version XI 3.1 Java SDK, classes are not obfuscated.

Please don't mix XI 3.1 with XI Release 2 and older jar files.

Somewhere in your app is a XI Release 2 or older jar file, trying to access that class.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starting with version XI 3.1 Java SDK, classes are not obfuscated.

Excellent! I suppose bug fixing moves along a bit quicker when receiving more sensible errors versus the typical<p>

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.i.j.k (Unknown Source)<p>

...or maybe due to introspection problems on obfuscated code ...or perhaps these are the initial signs of SAP's open-sourcing of BOE and we can all look forward to fixing enhancing some Webi workflows (ha - ok, I've gone too far) ...or....

Edited by: AC on Jul 26, 2009 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks a ton! I think you're right, we did have a number of rel 2 jars which I think are yet to be cleaned up. Is there a listing of the required jars for rel 3 sdk development?

Thanks for yur help,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems when i replaced all the jars with the new 3.1 jars.

First, I get an exception in my web server:

<Jul 27, 2009 1:52:27 AM PDT> <Warning> <HTTP> <BEA-101196> <[/]: Error while pa

rsing the Tag Library Descriptor at "C:\PT-850-810-R1-w-debug\webserv\peoplesoft

\servers\PIA\tmp\_WL_user\peoplesoft\patzc0\war\WEB-INF\lib\webreporting-jsf.jar

!/META-INF/jsfviewer.tld".

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: No route to host: connect

at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwFromIOE(StreamScanner.java:683)

at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1086)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.TldCacheHelper$TldIOHelper.parseXML(TldCach

eHelper.java:134)

at weblogic.descriptor.DescriptorCache.parseXML(DescriptorCache.java:380

)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.TldCacheHelper.parseTagLibraries(TldCacheHe

lper.java:65)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

>

Secondly, when I try to view the report instance using CrystalReportViewer, I get the following message in the window:

The viewer was unable to find the resources required to render the report.

Please check the following to resolve the issue.

1. Verify that ../../../crystalreportviewers120/ is accessible to your WebApp and is the correct path to the viewer resources.

2. You may customize this location by altering the crystal_image_uri and crystal_image_use_relative properties in the web.xml.

3. Validate that the file crv.js exists at ../../../crystalreportviewers120/js/crviewer/crv.js.

Please let me know if I have to open a new thread for this.

Thanks,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just want to add that I tried copying crystalreportviewer120 to where crystalreportviewer115 was previously located. It did not help. Also which web.xml file is it talking about.

Thanks,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to get everything to work by providing crystal_image_uri and crystal_image_use_relative in web.xml. Also I set the servlet mapping for CrystalReportViewerServlet. With this I can see images in the reports and export as well. I was able to get all this info thanks to the forum.

However I still get the exception:

<Jul 27, 2009 6:02:55 AM PDT> <Warning> <HTTP> <BEA-101196> <[/]: Error while parsing the Tag Library Descriptor at "C:\PT-850-810-R1-w-debug\webserv\peoplesoft\servers\PIA\tmp\_WL_user\peoplesoft\patzc0\war\WEB-INF\lib\webreporting-jsf.jar

!/META-INF/jsfviewer.tld".

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: No route to host: connect

I need to check the resolution provided by Ted on all the systems where IInfostore.query() is failing and I shall update this thread. Please let me know if anybody has an idea about this exception though.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What happens if you remove wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar from your web app deployment?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Removing wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar did solve the exception that was appearing on starting the web server. I am currently replacing all the jars with the new ones and also the crystalreportviewer on the machine where the problem was arising. Will update the thread with the status.

Thanks,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Great news, the problem was indeed because of the rel 2 and rel 3 jars being mixed up. Replacing all the jars with only rel 3, solved the problem. Great analysis!

Thanks,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this. I have similar problem.

I am unable to view dynamic images on the viewer. I have crystalreportviewers12. I modified web.xml but that did not solve the issue. The toolbar images are displayed properly, but when clicked on it error dialog was diplayed. Can you give the structure of the webapps folder and web.xml.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Venkat_18 on Oct 15, 2009 6:27 PM

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You have a different issue.

I recommend creating a new thread.

I would also describe the error dialog.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My name is Shankar. I am trying to use the Business Objects API from my java code. I am new to Business Objects.

I am getting the following error

Please check the following to resolve the issue.

1. Verify that crystalreportviewers12/ is accessible to your WebApp and is the correct path to the viewer resources.

2. You may customize this location by altering the crystal_image_uri and crystal_image_use_relative properties in the web.xml.

3. Validate that the file crv.js exists at crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/crv.js.

I installed Crystal Reports 12.0 yesterday (trial version) . I copied the crystalreportviewers12 folder under the root of my web project named jspHello. I am not sure why i am getting the above error...

I am not using JSF but i saw in the manual , they talk about mentioning jsf in web.xml. i have added the foll lines

<context-param>

<param-name>crystal_image_uri</param-name>

<param-value>crystalreportviewers12</param-value>

</context-param>

<context-param>

<param-name>crystal_image_use_relative</param-name>

<param-value>webapp</param-value>

</context-param>

<servlet>

<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>

javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet

</servlet-class>

<load-on-startup> 1 </load-on-startup>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

I saw in this forum that you also got the same error some time back....

Since I have a strict deadline, i would appreciate if you could advice me how to solve the above error ?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Does the exact same query run in query builder? And are you including all the Jar files that ar required? You should see alist of required jar files in Development guide for Enterprise SDK for 3.x.