cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of the GET_M method and GET_A method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is use of the GET_M method and GET_A method? I searched all possible class in some components; I couldnu2019t find the code for the methods. Can you please reply me with some sample code of those methods and usage?

Thanks

Sameera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stevejonathan_tirtha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The UI Framework has a generic M-Getter which retrives the label from DDIC. However, you can overwrite the M-Getter to return any other label. But if you define a label in Design Layer, the framework will take the label from Design Layer instead from M-Getter. And if you define a label in Configuration, the framework will take the label from the configuration instead from Design Layer.

A-Getter is meant to be used for showing or hiding field based on Switch ID. If you see the return parameter, it returns also switch ID. Using A-Getter to showing and hiding field not based on Switch ID is not recommended.

You were right. A-Getter is already exists in CRM 7.0 but it is not used. It is used for the Enhancement Package release of CRM.

Regards,

Steve

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks steve for the excellent explanation !!

Regards,

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Thanks Steve. Excellent explanation.

Regards

Sameera

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stevejonathan_tirtha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

GET_M is normaly used to overwrite the field label. If you do not implement this method you will get a label from the data element.

GET_A is used to switch(show/hide) a field in CRM Enhancement Package release. However, this is not relevant for customer.

GET_A is mostly used by SAP developer to switch(show/hide) a field based on which Switch active or inactive. The switch can be activated or deactivated by its Business Function.

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

My understanding on GET_M as you mentioned is like how we can use design layer to define the global custom Field labels.

GET_A is used to show/hide the fields based on any condition like how we will use GET_I method to Edit or Grade Out the Filed.

Please correct me If I understood wrongly.

Thanks

Chand

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Get_M method you can manage meta data of the field.

Get_I method is used to hide and unhide the field.

Get_V method is used for value help.

Get_P method is used to specify whether field is dorpdow or f4 or hyper link.

Don't know where you found Get_A method,.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

GET_A method is availble in CRM 7.0. Please check.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your Info. Can you please put some more lite on your explantion with any example.

Thanks

Sameera