cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Analysis, SPM for CRM UI ( CRM 2007)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In CRM UI ( CRM 2007) , there are no actions( transactions) as it is a web based abap component. It only have authorization objects and their permissions. So SAP support confirmed that we cannot create SOD risks for CRM UI.

How ever we found out a note 1225227 which talks about functions containing

only permissions. When we enquired with SAP support if we can create SOD risk at permission level for CRM UI as per the note, they confirmed it is possible.

I just want to know how you all are handling risk analysis for CRM UI (crm2007). Is there any other way other than creating Functions with only permission and mapping them to risk? Can you guys give some tips on how this can be handled ? The Offline analysis is not possible as getting the authorization data is difficult and SAP will not support any non RTA based system even if it is a SAP product.

Also in CRM 2007 and SRM 5.0, can you all confirm that use of firefighters( SPM) is not applicable as the end users login directly to the web and there is no firefighters available for web based applications like this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Sahad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sahad,

Regarding firefighter, No, Firefighter can not be used for web based application at the moment. It can only be used with SAP R/3 applications.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

If the Firefighter id login directly to webapplication, does all his activity gets recorded and available as log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sahad,

The log for the activities performed by firefighter id is picked first from STAD and then from CDHDR. If the same details are not available in these 2 then activity details will not be picked at all. I believe that such information is not captured in above 2 if the firefighter id logs onto web applications (correct me if i am wrong here) and that is why it will not be picked.

Regards,

Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta/Alpesh/Harleen/Ankur/ and other experts

How have you handled risk analysis for CRM UI on CRM 2007 ?.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

I do not have much information about CRM UI however I dont thin we have any direct way of doing analysis for CRM UI. In SAP system we only support Portal and ABAP SAP systems.

If you want to do analysis for CRM UI, you can use the feature Legacy system which is provided in RAR. Once you create the connector for CRM UI as Legacy system. Then you can use the data extraction feature and also will be able to do risk analysis.

However as we do not have nay direct RTA so you have to make the files manully for data extraction process.

Data extraction process is explained in detail in the guides.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta

I have already posted that legacy( offline analysis ) option is difficult

" The Offline analysis is not possible as getting the authorization data is difficult and SAP will not support any non RTA based system even if it is a SAP product."