Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get users' login logout time for user IDs for a specific date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There is a case I being requested to retrieve the Userid, User Name,

User Group, User Dept, Date, Login Time, Logout Time in a specific date, for example, 21.05.2009.

How should I retrieve the information? The user want to input specific date and user group then return the details that mentioned above.

I try with SUIM->Users->By Logon Date and Password Change... but I can't specific the date that I want ...

I try with SM19 (Security Audit Log), but unfortunately in my system this is not activated.

I've seek for SAP's advise, and they say need to ask abaper to developr a report in order to get such details....

Do you guys have any other methods?

Do you guys know which tables will contain the details as mentioned above?

Best Regards,

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately without the audit log, you're going have a hard time finding this information. As mentioned, ST03N will give you some information. If your systems daily workload aggregation goes back to the date you require then you'll be able to get a list of all users who logged on that day. ST03N doesn't keep time stamps just response times.

My only idea is VERY labor intensive. If your DB admin can retrieve a save of the database from that day then table USR02 will hold a little more information for you. It will contain last login times for that day. If your system backup policy happened to have saved the contents of folder "/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/data" then you potentially have access to all the data you require. The stat file will have recorded every transaction that took place during that day. If that file is restored you could use program RSSTAT20 to query against it.

Good luck and turn on the audit log as it makes your life much easier!

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try using ST03n

shitika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately without the audit log, you're going have a hard time finding this information. As mentioned, ST03N will give you some information. If your systems daily workload aggregation goes back to the date you require then you'll be able to get a list of all users who logged on that day. ST03N doesn't keep time stamps just response times.

My only idea is VERY labor intensive. If your DB admin can retrieve a save of the database from that day then table USR02 will hold a little more information for you. It will contain last login times for that day. If your system backup policy happened to have saved the contents of folder "/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/data" then you potentially have access to all the data you require. The stat file will have recorded every transaction that took place during that day. If that file is restored you could use program RSSTAT20 to query against it.

Good luck and turn on the audit log as it makes your life much easier!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcodes STAT, SM20, ST03 are some what useful in getting logon and logoff time of user.

you can also get information from Table USR02.

Last login is TRDAT , LTIME - Last logon time.

Otherwise u can chk the report generated by TX sm20 in OS level.

Thanks

Ramakrishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Practically speaking, it is very difficult to kno the Logon time/log off time of the user through ST03N. Only SM20 log can help you properly.. but it could not not be possible now as SM20 log was not active.

Regards,

Sandip Maiti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

According to your replies, seems like it is not possible to retrive the information without activating the SM19.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Best Regards,

Ken

Edited by: Wei Jian Kwan on Jul 31, 2009 3:36 AM