cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key figure can visible in Query Designer, but are not visible in universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have used standard query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005, the query have restricted key figure and formula keyfigure in columns,in the universe designer, I have used this standard query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005 created a universe, the universe does not show these key figure. Why is this?

Is there any setting in universe designer that we have to do?

Are we require re-create some object in Universe? But create or change object, the u201C>>u201D button always gray?

In Keys tab, I have clicked u201Cinsertu201D button, it has generated dialog with edit select statement of u2018Deb/Cred Amountu2019 . in classes and objects region, I canu2019t select any object to blank region as above.

My Universe Designer 12.1.0.882(XI 3.1), do I need to install patch?

Many thanks .

Best regards.

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you generate the Universe on top of the BW query or on top of the InfoCube ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ingo,

top of the BW query.

Best Regards

Steve

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so do any keyfigures make it to the universe ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ingo,

In general, what are you recommended to BW query or BW infocube generate unvierse ?

this is bi content of query, in the query have many restricted key figure and formula keyfigure in column, but in Universe only display a key figureu2018Deb/Cred Amountu2019, other key figure no display,

could you let restricted and formula key figure also disply in universe, Is there any setting in universe designer that we have to do?

Thanks and best regards

steve

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

are these key figures done in a custom structure and does the query have 2 structures ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

i have created 1 custom structure, but the folders no any change in universe designer . why is this?

i have tried copy standard query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005 to new query ZTEST , but the query no seen below when generate the Universe on top of the BW query . why is this?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so are the keyfigures in the custom structure or is it a structure with purely characteristics ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ingo,

keyfigures in the custom.

Using BW query creation of universe, when the original query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005 copy for ztest, why in the creation wizard universe, does not appear in the following? Save path is in this infoprovider.

When I directly modify 0FIAR_C03_Q0005, and then in the universe to do View menu-> refresh structure, also did not seem to change.

Using BW infocube creation of universe. you know why in the edit query, add the key figure, run webi report there is no data,

Remove the key figure will be able to extract data?

Best Regards

Steve

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

can we first of all focus on the query design.

so you have BW query with a custom structure which includes the keyfigures and a custom structure for the characteristics ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ingo,

0FIAR_C03_Q0005 is a standard query(infocube: 0FIAR_C03), this is FI -AR aging report, If I run BW reports can be directly used.

if conditions permit, can you use the query to create a universe , thank you.

Query designer in this there are a number of key figure is calculated through formula and selection.

in Bex query designer and the universe both sides of the structure and do not correspond to many key figure in the universe can not find .

Many thanks.

Best regards

Steve

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I would really appreciate if you would answer the previous question. I don't have access to your system so you need to describe what the query does.

here the question:

so you have BW query with a custom structure which includes the keyfigures and a custom structure for the characteristics ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ingo,

Now I am use standard structure, open query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005 of default structure.

In previous, I have used custom structure, I said that the structure is new structure of Columns. In columns region, right click, then new structure.

here the question:

Using BW query creation of universe, when the original query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005 copy to new query ztest, why in the creation wizard universe, does not appear in the following? Save path is in this infoprovider.

When I directly modify 0FIAR_C03_Q0005, and then in the universe to do View menu-> refresh structure, also did not seem class and object have change.

Using BW infocube creation of universe. you know why in the edit query, add the key figure object, run webi report there is no data, Remove the key figure will be able to extract data?

thanks and best regards

Steve

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

as mentioned before people in the forum don't have access to your system so you should describe the query in more details.

When you create a new query or copy a query you also need to make sure that the query has the property set "allow external access" which can be done in the query designer on the advanced tab of the properties.

Using the cube directly is not recommended.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ingo,

thank you.

I have edited that the key figure, but I can't find out where have the property set "allow external access", i have tried advanced tab and other tab. why is this?

Img link: [http://www.itpub.net/thread-1198477-1-1.html|http://www.itpub.net/thread-1198477-1-1.html]

thanks and best regards

Steve

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As stated above it is a property of the QUERY not the keyfigure

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ingo,

that is calculated key figure and restrict key figure, hot to find in universe?

Many thanks and Regrards

Steve

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

did you set the property on the query level and can you see the query now in the list of available queries when you create the Universe ?

You jumping between things here. on the previous answer you said that you can't see it in the list of queries and I mentioned to set the property. now you mentioning the restricted keyfigures. the property is on the BW query level in the query designer - not on a keyfigure level.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, ingo

thank you very much. the problem has fixed.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what did solve the problem ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This dosent look like its answered.

I have the same problem.

I created Restricted Key Figures which are not showing up in the Universe after refresh.

There are other standard key figures in the cube which show up in the universe.

"Allow external Access" is checked.

What could be issue?

Regards,

Madhur Chopra