Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLANNED NOT CONVERTING TO PURCHASE REQUISITION AUTOMATICALLY

former_member316513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If MRP run date is with in the opening period then it will generate PR & it will generate planned orders outside the opening period because this is how MD01 is run currently through batch job daily.

the customer wants this planned order to get converted to PR once the date comes with in the opening period of the planned order.

What I found is that if you run MRP in MD03 then it converts the planned orders to PR (if opening period is exceeded or is within current date) but if we run MRP in MD01 , then it wont convert the Planned orders in to PR.

I fail to understand this because both MD01 & MD03 should be behaving same way.

>the parameters are same both in MD01 & MD03.

>CREATE PURCHASE REQUISITION= 2

so pls help me understand this.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

Please compare your planning parameters of MD01 and MD03. I think you are using different parameters.

Please try with planning mode "3" (Delete and recreate planning data).

Regards,

Uday

former_member316513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

both the parameters are same only.

Should MRP run in MD01 convert all planned orders in to purchase requisition once it hits the opening period or any manual intervention needed in any other transactions?

Thanks

Anubhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

I don't think there is any transaction specific differnce in MRP's standard functionality. Each parameter has the same effect for the various transactins of MRP like MD01 / MD02 / MD03 (excluding order / project specific or simulative MRP).

Ya! it should generate the PR if the rqt falls within the openeing period.

Regards,

Uday

former_member316513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

thanks for ur reply. but this is the fact. MD03 is able to convert plann order in to purchase requisition but MD01 fail to do so.

only if any changes happen in MRP relavant data of material then MD01 is running MRP for that material & converting planned order in to purchase requisition else it is ignoring that material in the planning.

this is 4.6B

pls let me know for any clarifications

thanks

Anubhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhab,

Both you and Uday are mistaken if you believe that MD01/MD02/MD03 are the same. MD01 first goes to the planning file to determine what to do. MD02 and MD03 executed interactively will run MRP for that item, regardless of any entry in the planning file. MD01 will not even 'look' at a particular material if you are using NETCH or NETPL and the system has not noted any MRP relevant changes.

The behavior you have described is standard for NETCH or NETPL.

If this behavior is unacceptable, I suggest you set your 'overall' run with Planning mode '3' Delete and recreate. If you want ALL planned that fall inside the opening period to be converted, regardless of activity, then run NEUPL (regenerative) MRP, at least occasionally if not every night.

I also suggest that you periodically rebuild the planning file using MDAB and also repair any inconsistancies periodically, using MDRE.

Rgds,

DB49

former_member316513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

when i am putting processing key NEUPL in MD01 then system converting all planned order in to purchase requisition if it hits the opening period. so i believe NEUPL will run MRP for all the material in a plant whether any MRP relevant changes has happened or not.

This will solve my customer's requirement that system should convert all the planned order in to purchase requisition when ever they hit the opening period.

so could you please tell if there is any draw backs when i change processing key from NETCH to NEUPL.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anubhab

Yes. Main drawback is system resource consumption. Usually, the problem expresses itself as very long run times. If the client has adequate hardware and database 'horsepower', you will not even notice it.

IF the runtimes are unacceptable to the client, here are a few strategies to consider:

1. Divide the parts into groups (maybe by plants) and run a subset each day. Don't run every group every day.

2. Run MRP NETCH every day, but NETUPL on weekends; or a similar strategy

3. Develop some custom logic to select the parts that will NEED the NETUPL MRP run. Utilize the userexit for MRP to then just run those parts as NETUPL. Run the balance as NETCH.

Rgds,

DB49

former_member316513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys ,

anybody can help on this?

Thanks

Anubhab