cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about MSDS display

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,ehs experts, i meet a problem and don't how to solve it .

I need to display a new substance's MSDS report , i fill everything about properties of this substance in the tree of MSDS, but when i display MSDS report , a problem appears:

in the template report of msds , only every title of msds display, for example, Chapter 1 , Chapter 2......,but the details of every Chapter, such as company name, Ph value, temperture .etc, are not display, I don't know why . i test cg5z and sm59, they are ok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the validity and usages first for each properties under the chapters as per the other answers.If your WWI server is also running correctly ,then the problem could be with the template.

Open template and check for any errors.You could validate (Check for errors in template) and save again if there is no errors.

Also check the phrases provided from Phrase set.

Try to generate one more version of MSDS,say Version 1.1 or Version 2.0 as per the customizing ...

regards

George

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

additionally you should check your system set up regarding the so called "Initiator" (which is equivalent to the sales organisation)

If no company name is shown: Please check if in the screen you receive if you use the "report from template" some data is shown regarding company name etc. as well as material name etc.

If no data is shown either you haven't specified your initiator/sales organisation or your set up of this (the initiator) is wrong or there is a problem in the template with the normal used report symbols (in this case parameter symbols regarding company name etc.).

Regarding logo of company: There are several options to print the logo. You did not mentioned if the logo is printed or not.

With best regards

Christoph

PS: Only because of completeness: I assume that you have checked the generation variant. You need to assign the wwi report template and you must specify at least one rating. This rating together with the used validity area must be "identical" to that you are using in the property trees (in the valuation instance) and as mentioned here the data record must be active. You must specify furthermore how the valiidty area is used (there are several options; please refer to eh&s documentation to get an idea what values exists and how they differ)

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Sep 5, 2009 7:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph Bergemann , thank you , I check all as you say, i can find company code and material ,etc in initiator. but i don't achieve the result, can you tell the detailed measure from the begin to the final?

thank you .

Edited by: southsealxb on Sep 7, 2009 3:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what rajaram has said aslo check, the active indicator is checked in every VA as sometimes this is unchecked, if its unchecked the data will not be output on to the reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check your generation variant.Have u inserted report application columns? ( click on application objects)mainatn as

MATMASTER

SUBMASTER

Hope this helps you .

Regards,

Rajaram Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your answer, but I don't know how to check them, can you tell me where is the detail path in sap to check them ?

Edited by: southsealxb on Aug 11, 2009 3:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check that in USAGE tab of every Value assignment besides RATING. For eg:

In T-code - cg02 select any property tree STANDARD, select node - General > Possible hazards (summary) > go to USAGE tab.like this in every VA type you check that.