cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Could not load file or assembly 'crdb_adoplus, Version=9.2.3300.0'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Am getting below error while setting the datasource to the report using craxddrt9.dll.My main task is to export the crystal report to text file.

{"Could not load file or assembly 'crdb_adoplus, Version=9.2.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)":"crdb_adoplus, Version=9.2.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"}

Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Madhavi Goud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You appear to be using the RDC in .NET. This is not a tested and thus not a supported scenario. Additionally, craxDDrt9.dll requires extra licensing considerations, even in supported environments. Why are you using the RDC in .NET as opposed to the Crystal Reports assemblies for .NET?

Ludek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed the crystal report xi ,which is a licensed version.Am unable to find craxddrt.dll in bin folder.

Do we have any patch for this craxddrt.dll in crystal report xi version.

I tried to download craxddrt.dll from net but am getting the 8.5 versioned dll downloaded.

Can any one help me.

Regards

Madhavi Goud.

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are multiple reasons why this isnt working:

CR9 was never designed to work with VS.NET 2008

The craxddrt is not meant to work in .NET and there are quite a few issues with using it.

You need special licensing to use the craxddrt.

You need to move to CR 2008 along with VS.NET 2008 and you can export to text using the appropriate CR .NET code.

Here is a code snippet showing this:

++++++++++++++++++++++

' First we must create a new instance of the diskfiledestinationoptions class and

' set variable called crExportOptions to the exportoptions class of the reportdocument.

crDiskFileDestinationOptions = New DiskFileDestinationOptions()

crExportOptions = crReportDocument.ExportOptions

'Export to TXT.

'append a filename to the export path and set this file as the filename property for

'the DestinationOptions class

crDiskFileDestinationOptions.DiskFileName = "c:\<yourdesinationpath>\TextFormat.txt"

'set the required report ExportOptions properties

With crReportDocument.ExportOptions

.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile

.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Text

.DestinationOptions = crDiskFileDestinationOptions

End With

++++++++++++++++++++++

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually my issue is,In one of our application we are generating the reports in txt format.We used to do this by using CRAXDDRT9.DLL.Which is a licensed one.

In CR assemblies we dont have a export file format type of Text.

So we need to go for RDC.

Now we have migrated our application to VS2008 from VS2003.

Now Crystal reports is encorporated with Vs2008.I got a craxddrt.dll with this version but am unable to work with it.

As you mentioned in yesterdays mail,I have gone through the RDC link you specified.

I used craxdrt.dll of version 9.Am getting the exception as

{"Failed to load database information.\nDetails: The database DLL 'crdb_adoplus.dll' could not be loaded."}

I have checked for the file availablitity.It is there in bin folder .Am unable to find the reason.

Please help me in solving this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Madhavi Goud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ledeck,

Thanks for your reply.

I have few claridications on your mail.

1. I am surprise that the RDC in .Net requires license for using them. If that is the case do we have any way to identify which RDC in .Net requires licesne.

2. I am having Crystal 9i license software. So can I use the craxddrt9.dll of this version in Visual Studio 2008 for exporting the reports in .txt format.

With Regards,

Madhavi. M

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) The RDC is not supported in .NET. Period. See [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0751a7f-a81d-2b10-55a0-e6df0e1bab6d] article for more information.

2) CraxDDrt.dll requires special licensing when used in supported environment (VB 6, C++, etc)

3) You are licensed to use craxDrt.dll in a supported environment. You are not licensed to use CraxDDrt.dll in any environment.

Now, CR 9 has been out of support for years now. I do remember that when it was actually supported, to obtain licensing for craxDDrt.dll you had to contact sales and obtain the license from them. I am not sure if you can still do it with an unsupported product.

Why are you trying to use the RDC in .NET? Why can you not use the CR assemblies for .NET?

Ludek