cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP and University jointly offered scholarships / bursaries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all,

May I ask - do any universities provide any financial funding to their students within the remit of the UA Program. Two universities in the UK have for the past two years offered an SAP Scholarship / Bursary. University of Surrey offers ten bursaries worth £5,000 each - in effect they reduce the cost of the degree for the student by £5,000 rather than giving them a cash prize. They refer to these as the SAP Scholarships principally because they introduced an MSc an it went from 12 to 60 students by marketing their membership of the UA program.

Lancaster University does the same with a single scholarship on their IT and the Management of Change degree - reducing the cost by £3,000 and referring it to it as an SAP Scholarship.

These are of course both marketing approaches as SAP hands over no money itself but they represent a real investment of about £55,000 on the part of the universities as it is real revenue lost. The benefit is that the universities get a huge marketing boost and are able to attract both more students (12 to 60) and better students (in both cases the students have to have been awarded a 'First', or in other words the top rated degree obtainable in the UK.

I was wondering if any other universities around the world have adopted anything similar and what other marketing / promotional techniques faculty use in collaboration with SAP to attract more and better students.

Martin

Martin Gollogly

DIrector, University Alliances

United KIngdom and Ireland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for information. It would be great to know about such information because for a person who is living in Sri Lanka who would like to do a MSc in SAP this kind of Scholarships will be very helpful.

Thanks

Nafran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nafran,

In that case I would suggest you contact the universities themselves and ask how to apply to the following people - at Lancaster the principle contact is Gerd Kortuem, and at Surrey University the principle contact is Hans Van Der Heijden. The two principle degrees at Lancaster are in E-Business and IT and the Management of Change, and at Surrey it is an MSc in MIS.

All the best

Martin Gollogly

Director, University Alliances

United Kingdom and Ireland

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Martin,

Thanks for the information.I would like to know if there any SAP technical related MSc's. I am holding a Engineering Degree in Computer science and Currently i am working in a SAP ABAP Development team. Therefore I am interested to extend my career in SAP technical area.

Thanks

Nafran

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am Dinesh from India.I got trained in SAP(ABAP).I want to do MS in USA.One of my friend told me that some of universities providing SAP in MS program.Can you please send the details of Universities which are providing SAP course in MS program.

Thanks

Dinesh

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This kind of information is always very helpful.

There is only one missing piece for me to benefit from it. Is there a way I could study something like this from another country? Without having to drop my job and move to UK (for example)?

I am from Czech rep., was thinking about starting distant studies in Germany, but I just cannot drive there every few days, spend there more days and stay alive (with private life and a job).

If you would know about this kind of improvement of your original idea, it would bring you many more fans:))

Thank you,

cheers Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I also want some information MIS means Business Information System Related implementation side of SAP.As you suggest there some business schools where I can study my business information system related studies to SAP.As I am from India can I get scholarships for studying my PhD in SAP.If you know such scholarships can you give the contact details.Can these university provides scholarships to foreign students.In other thread you post there is university in Ireland.Can suggest some good universities there.Do you any idea of PhD in SAP in Germany.Do have any contacts of professors at Germany.If you have it will be very helpful me.Do you supervise any PhD students.Can I get a chance to be your PhD student under you.

Many thanks

With best regards

Sayanta Mallick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Is there any scope to do PhD in SAP / ERP system in UK.If you know any good institute or any professor contacts please post it

Many thanks

Sayanta Mallick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sayanta,

There are certainly a lot of opportunities to do PhDs in SAP-related topics. I would ask first whether you are interested in studying SAP at a highly technical level or whether you are interested more in the business iformation systems / processes of SAP - in opter words studying MIS though a business school or similar. If you're interested in a PhD in a technical area I would suggest City University (contact Neil Maiden), Sheffield Hallam University (Simon Polovina), Brunel (Alan Serrano Rico). For MIS topics there are a whole range of potential schools so your best bet is to give me an idea of what specifically you're interested in and I can maker some suggestions.

All the best

Martin Gollogly

Director, University Alliances

United Kingdom & Ireland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I got a useful information from this thread. I'm interested to apply MSc in UK which provide more specific course to SAP technical. I hope there are more universities around the world would offer SAP scholarship as well.

Thanks,

Adhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sayanta

I know of some SAP affiliations in Brunel and Lancaster University. You can also check out Cranfield University in the UK.

Good luck!