cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning file entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are few materials for which there is a sales order existing.But the material is not getting planned in the MRP run in MDBT.I found that the plannig file entry is missing.I want to know why the planning file entry is not flagged though there is a sales order and even this material is not getting picked up when trying to create planning file entry in MDAB.There is an entry existing for this material in table MDVM.And please let me know what is the condition for selecting the materials in MDAB.

Please throw some light on this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Edited by: kumar s on Aug 3, 2009 8:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Check it by maintaining the manual Planning FIle Entry using MD20.And if still planning is not carried out then that might be due to Planning Horizon.If required date is outside planning Horizon and you are using Processing Key NETPL then also planning is not carried out for all those materials.

Also check below,

1) If your Planning Strategy is MTS (10 or 11) then planning is not effected by sales order.So you have to change it to 40.

2) Also check your MRP type, it should be active MRP type like PD.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

Thanks for your reply.The planning file entry can be set by MD20. But some how these materials are not getting selected for planning file entry in MDAB.The strategy we are using is 20 and the MRP type PD.Any idea how the materials will be selected in MDAB?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the schedule category of the sales order item is not CN.Items with schedule line category CN are not planned.

Regards

Ratan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratan,

The schedule line category is CP. I don't see any issue from the sales order side.My concern is these materials are not getting picked up in MDAB even.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please answer the floowing,

1.MD04 for these materials does it show the sales orders?

2.What is the requirement type and class that is appearing in MD04?

Regards

Ratan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratan,

In MD04 the sales orders are showing up.But the planned orders are not generated for these when MRP run in background.

When we run MRP manually the planned orders are getting generated.In this case we are forcing the MRP run, but in MDBT it will select only the materials with NETCH indicator in planning file entry.So i think the whole issue is with the planning file entry.And one more thing is there is a background job for setting up plannig file entry.I have no idea why these materials are not selected by this.

Can you please explain me at what condition the materials will be selected in MDAB?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the PLanning file entry consistency on back ground using OMDU.

regards

Ratan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is planning strategy used for this material in material master in MRP3 view. check whether 20 is used against make to order scenario or not? Later check for the selection ID for BOM and routings should be 01 and 01. Please revert after checking.

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the reply.All the master data is set up correctly.The only issue is plannign file entry is not set for these materials.I want to know why the planning file entry is missing and why these materials are not selected when running MDAB.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I am unclear if you mean the planning file entry does/does not exist, or that the planning file entry exists, but the material is not flagged for a MRP run.

The most common reason a planning file entry is not created is that the material was created before MRP was turned on for that plant. Another reason is that Materials created by certain batch SAP programs do not trigger the creation of a planning file entry automatically, the way a MM01 normally does when you create a material interactively.

Regardless of the cause, SAP supplies a transaction that will automatically create all required planning file entries. Transaction is MDAB. This will create rows in the planning file, where none existed previously. MDAB searches for Materials that are MRP relevant (all MRP configuration settings are in place, and the material has an MRP type that indicates that MRP is to be utilized). If it finds such a material, and the planning file entry does not already exist, it will create an entry. In many companies, this transaction is run regularly, in batch.

Now, once the planning file entry exists, it must still be tagged for an MRP run or Netch MRP runs will ignore them. The normal way that a material's planning file is tagged for the next MRP run is that the system detects an MRP relevant change. The system then automatically tag the planning file for the next MRP run. There are many events that can trigger the system to do this: Most material movements, and also any changes in supply or demand elements. If no changes have been made, the planning file will not be updated. If you are running one of the Net Change MRPs, it will completely bypass these materials. You can force an MRP run in background against a material (providing there is a planning file entry) by running NETUPL.

When someone tells me background MRP doesn't work, but interactive MRP DOES work, then I normally assume that the planning file entry does not exist, and I run MDAB. It really doesn't matter why it came to be missing. It is also a good idea to run MDRE periodically. These steps are cheap insurance.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy49,

Thanks for your reply.The planning file entry does not exists.All these materials are craeted after As you said the MDAB job is already inplace and running every night.

The MRP type on these materials is P3.Still these materials dont have the planning file entry.

Please let me know if i have to run MDRE too.

Thanks,

Ravi

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Are you getting below msg during display of Planning File entry for those Materials,

No planning file entry exists for this selection
Message no. 61140

Or You can see the Planning File Entry but non of the indicator are on (MPS,Nchge plng,Nchnge P hor. etc)

Pls clear.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

I am not getting the message.I can see the planning file entry but no indicators.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

You have a planning file entry, but you have no 'flags' (NETCH/NETPL), yes?

This scenario is normal when no MRP relevant changes have been made since the previous background MRP run.

If all the planning file entries exist (they should since you are running MDAB), you could try to run MDRE, but don't expect miracles. I usually run MDRE after every MDAB run.

There are a couple of scenarios that would have put you into this position. But, unless you have something wacked preventing update of the planning files, you should just once run MRP against all parts using NETUPL (regenerative). This should generate planned orders for all parts that have negative net reqmnts. From this point on, you should fall into the normal net change cycle.

Here is [OSS note 205681|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/205681] which explains a bit about the planning file.

Rgds,

DB49

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Now one thing is sure that Planning File Entry is there for those materials.

As explain our expert DB49, those indicator are activate only when system find new requirements for those materials.depends on required date those indicators will activate.If Require Date is out side planning horizon then only NChe plng will activate or else both NChe plng and NChe PHor will activate.And thos Indicators will deactivate automatically once Planning is carried out.So Check at your end in MD04 for any pending requirement (Available Qty in -Ve) is there, if not then non of indicators will active in MD21.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval on Aug 11, 2009 10:01 AM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If a planning file entry exists, a material shortage exists but nevertheless the NETCH / NETPL indicator is not set:

In the rare case where the problem cannot be traced back to the planning file entry, you should check

whether the latest planning for this material generated a termination MRP list (you can see this in MD05 for this material)

or whether the planning run terminated completely and whether there may be a dump or a termination in the job log of the background job.

For details refer the OSS Note 371016 - MRP: Material is not planned for MD01 / MDBT.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Many Congratulations for being a [Top Contributor 2008-2009|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Community/2008-2009]

Regards,

Dhaval

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

Thank you very much.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.There is no MRP termination for these materials.The required date of the sales order is well within the planning horizon.So, i expect that the planning file entry will be activated for NETCH.My biggest concern is why these materials are not selected in MDAB.

Can anyone let me know what will be the condition for the materials to be selected in MDAB.

Thanks,

Ravi

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I can't understand why are you stuck up at MDAB.MDAB is used to activate Planning File entry for first time only and it is not mandatory too.MDAB doesn't play any role to activate the indicators in Planing File (NChge Plng or NChge P Hor).This indicators are maintain automatically by the system once Material is maintain in Planning File.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I already explained this.

MDAB will not populate the planning file with NETCH, it only creates new records.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

My client is using long term planning. The forecasted data is loaded into SAP into MD62 in and inactive version using custom program. They ran longterm planning using MSBT but system did not generate any planned orders, though the forecast exists in md62 screen. I have checked the planning file entries in ms21 for respective plants and there are no entries found( Message 'No entries found'). Could you please help?

Thanks

Swapna.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.