Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_RS_COMP & COMP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Is there a way to allow Power Users ONLY to do 'Save As' from ZQUERIES to YQUERIES but I at the same time I should restrict them not to change the ZQUERIES? How can I do this using S_RS_COMP and COMP1 Auth fields.

Please share your thoughts...

Thanks,

KK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did You try giving 2 different entries on S_RS_COMP and 2 entries on COMP1?

one with 03 and 16 on REP with name(ID) ZQUERIS. and the other one with 01, 02,03, 16 on REP with name(ID) YQUERIES.

I think this shuld do the job.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is a name space check behind it with an activity then you can use that.

Where are you copying the query?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius for your resp =

I did tried with name space for all queries starting with ZSD* but it didn't helped me - For example I have a query ZSD_C01_Q0001, I would like to allow my Power users to do "SAVE AS" to YSD_C01_Q0001 and at the same time they should not be allowed to change the ZSD_C01_Q0001 Query but they should be allowed to change YSD_C01_Q0001 Query.

Thanks,

KK

0 Kudos

It is not clear what "copy & change the query" involves.

There might be S_QUERY behind it, or more S_DEVELOP.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

I meant SAP BI Queries let me try explaining more - BI Development team will create queries with naming conventions as ZSD_, Power users are not allowed to change ZSD_ Queries but they can do save as to YSD_* queries and they should be able to change the YSD_* queries

Hope this is clear now?

Thanks,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did You try giving 2 different entries on S_RS_COMP and 2 entries on COMP1?

one with 03 and 16 on REP with name(ID) ZQUERIS. and the other one with 01, 02,03, 16 on REP with name(ID) YQUERIES.

I think this shuld do the job.

0 Kudos

Not sure about BI, but in "R/3"... ... Y* is generally intended for HQ (central) stuff and Z* for local delta adaptations.

It is generally a good idea to respect this intention because it makes sense, and might even have an influence on the coding though hardcoding recommendations is a bit suspect??

IF Keerti's advise does not work,

TRY a test the other way around.

CATCH Y --> Z.

ELSE, check other roles assigned to the same user.

ENDIF

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Keerthi, Awesome!

Full points to you, yes it did worked and thak you very much...

Regards,

KK