cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Info Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Group Members

1. How Purchase info is created automatically?

Purchase info record is not updated when we use ordering measure in PR

(followed the instruction as per sap help)

I donu2019t want to change Purchase info

details as followed from SAP HELP DOCUMENT

Message No : ME898

UNIT H is not intentend as an order unit

System Response:

The system check whether the order unit you entered is allowed for this purchase order by comparing the order unit you entered with the order unit that the system determined

The system check the potential source of the order unit in the given sequence. if a source is not available (if the purchase order is not referenced to a preceding document for example ) then the system checks the next possible source ( such as purchase requisition 😞

1 If you create a PO with reference to a proceeding document (PO, Contract or request for quotation), the system copies the order unit from the preceding document. The Var. OUn (variable order unit) indicator must not be selected in the Purchase info record

2 If you create a po with reference to PR and the var, OUn indicator is selected in the purchasing info record, the system copies the order unit from purchase requisition.

In Enjoy PR ( ME51N)you can maintain the order unit on the item detail screen on the sorce of supply tab. in the normal PR (ME51)you can maintain the order unit on the item details screen

3 When the Purchasing info record for the combination of vendor and material exists, the system copies the order unit from the purchasing info record

4 IF you create a purchase order with reference to PR and VAr .OUn is not selected in the purchasing info record, the system copies the order unit from the purchasing requisition

5 If you create a purchase order with reference to a pr and their is no existing purchase info record for the combination of vendor & material , then the system copies the unit of measure from the PR item in the item overview.

6 If you create a normal purchase order the system copies the order unit the material master

7 When you create a stock transport order the system copies the unit of measure from material master

8 If order unit and the unit of measure were not defined in the material master the system copies the material master base unit of measure

You people guide me how can i update Purchase info record?

I have Query to be solved .

Regards

Shamulheq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

PIR order unit will be updated only when you maintain the order unit in the MMR before creating the info record.

System will not update the order unit to PIR.

You have to follow the below steps.

1) Create Material with order unit

2) Create PO and you can see the order unit populated in PO so that system will update the PIR with the order unit

Hope it helps

Thanks /Karthik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jasonm2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Normally ou are not able to change the order unit in PIR because this will be automatically updated from the contract when next time you create a PO. You need to:

1. Define the order unit in MMR

2. Enter the order unit in Order Unit under purchasing view of MMR and set Variable Unit "Active"

3. Delete the contract and recreate a new contract using Order unit which is defined in MMR;

4. Run ME01 to create a source list

5. Create a PO and set auto update for info record

6. You already updated the order unit in PIR

Let me know if this doesn't work

JM

Edited by: Jason M. on Aug 4, 2009 4:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Jason M. Thank u for your responce

I am creating PO Not a contract

I followed your 1, 2nd steps, but in third i created new PR & new PO but in 4th we are not maintaining source list as one vendor for this material

Even though PO info is not updated

Question?

1 What i the functionality of Var.OUn (not active , active & active with own price) in Material master

2. Is their any configuration made to create purchase info (we create PO for new vendor for the material , Purchase info is created ) i will be glad if u explain this functionality or how do the system works

Regards

Shamulheq

jasonm2
Contributor
0 Kudos

>1 What i the functionality of Var.OUn (not active , active & active with own price) in Material master

This is to control if you can enter an order unit that differs from the one in the purchasing info record when processing purchase order and source list.

>2. Is their any configuration made to create purchase info (we create PO for new vendor for the material , Purchase info is created ) i will be glad if u explain this functionality or how do the system works

info record is getting updated automatically due to setting

SPRO - MM - Purchasing - Purchase order - Define screen layout at doc.level - Select ME21N - details - administrative data, item - Info update (optional or required).

When you create PO, at item level, check info update, then the info record will be created or updated when po is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Jason M.

I checked the below configuration

SPRO - MM - Purchasing - Purchase order - Define screen layout at doc.level - Select ME21N - details - administrative data, item - Info update (optional or required).

In my configuration screen Info update is optional

Even though info records are not updated

My Query

PR Unit of measure is created in each, PO had created in each in the month of June & info records are in each fo the vendor

Now the Purchase group realize that the PO should be in Days

We made the changes in Material master ordering unit of Measure in days DAY

A) If we Crete PO system will not allow to save PO in days but only allows to save in Unit of measure as EA

B) If PO created by removing the info record PO is saved in unit of measure as days with the same info record

But info records are not updating Pleas provide some solution solve this

Regards

Shamulheq