Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to removed Editor Lock from an ABAP program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I would like to know how to remove an editor lock from an ABAP program that someone placed? The person who placed the lock is no longer active in the system. When I try to remove the lock, I get the message that the person placed the lock can remove it. Looks like only that person can remove the lock. Is there a way around this? Reactivating his id is not an option, in our case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know of any way other than re-activating the userid. Can you explain why you cannot do this?

Rob

12 REPLIES 12

I355602
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using t-code SM12 and give the user name and hit enter.

May be you can unlock the program.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know of any way other than re-activating the userid. Can you explain why you cannot do this?

Rob

0 Kudos

I would say for unspecified reasons. It can be done, we don't want to do that.

0 Kudos

Please check table TRDIR and field EDTX , If you can able to modify this field , then its possible

0 Kudos

We were able to take care of it by modifying the TRDIR table... Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I'm able to see the program in table TRDIR, but not able to edit it.

I have find one more table where we can edit is "PROGDIR"

Goto table " PROGDIR"

give the program name and execute

select the program and choose edit button

and remove "X" from the field "EDTX" to remove the lock for the program.

Regards,

Vaira.

0 Kudos

It seems any operation related to updating value of table TRDIR causes runtime error in my case.

However as mentioned by Vairavel Pandi change in PROGDIR table works perfectly fine.

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the user responsible with the transaction SE03 to an active user and then the object can be edited with that user and even lock can be removed if required.

0 Kudos

This is the correct way of changing it. Please do not update the database directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can ask basis to perform the following SQL statement (this is for Oracle but can be adopted for other DB releases)

update SAP<SID>.TRDIR set EDTX = ' '  where NAME = '<PROGNAME>';

Regards,

Former Member

Go to SE03

Under Object Directory, select 'Change Person Responsible for objects'

Enter the username and package of the user who have locked the object.

Select the locked object and double click

Enter a new user that will be able to edit the object.

And you are done.

If you want to remove the lock completly, go the object attributes and remove the lock.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer....!! it really helped