Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is variant transported ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do this in two ways:

1. run report RSTRANSP using SE38

or

2. Go to SE38.

Select the variants radio button.

You will go to the variant screen.

Select the variant and from the menu select transport request.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Raj

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SE38 -> execute RSTRANSP

Specify the programs/cvariants you want to export

Rgds,

Mark

0 Kudos

Thanks all !!

Edited by: tanu007 on Aug 7, 2009 5:32 PM

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant

Hi,

Goto SE38 and enter the program name.select variant radio button and click on display. In the menu Utilities->Transport request and select the variant you want to transport.

Hope this helps.

-Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do this in two ways:

1. run report RSTRANSP using SE38

or

2. Go to SE38.

Select the variants radio button.

You will go to the variant screen.

Select the variant and from the menu select transport request.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Raj

I355602
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are at least three ways that I know of that you can transport a variant for a program.

When you first transport a program, all elements of a program are transported along with the source code. This includes any variants that have been created at this time

After the first time a program has been transported, there are two ways to move a variant. The first method is to manually add an entry to the transport for the variant you want to move. The format of the entry is LIMU VARX xxxxxxxxName_of_the_variant where xxxxxxxx is the program name.

The last method is the easiest, in that you do not have to remember any arcane codes. Go to the ABAP editor, and go to the variant screen. Under the Utilities menu is Transport Variant. This allows you to choose the variants to transport, and the transport to put them in.

Also you can refer:

Regards,

Tarun