cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx query with same technical name but with different infoproviders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

BEx query with same technical name but with different infoproviders is not overwriting when i transported in Quality,

actually i have deleted the first query in development and created a new query with the same technical name and description and transported, but in quality i have two queries with same technical name.

Peculiarity in this issue is when i open any query in quality (Out of the 2 queries), only the past query will open not the new one.

Anyone can throw some light on this.

Thanks

MSS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is expected behavior.

Use report ANALYZE_RSZ_TABLES to rename old query. See note 907025.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you please explain in detail, because there are several tables.

Regards,

MSS

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The technical name of the query is not the key to the table that stores queries and query elements (table RSZELTDIR). Instead, it's an internally generated id that is used. Therefore, you can have more than one query with the same technical name in any one of your environments in the landscape.

To delete the query you don't want to have in your QA environment, go to SE16 and query on the technical name of the query. The technical name field is MAPNAME (Query). Be sure to use A in OBJVERS (Version) and REP in DEFTP (Element Type) in your query criteria.

Since there are two queries with the same technical name, you should get two entries in this query. Determine which is the unwanted query and copy the ELTUID (Element ID). From there, go to tcode RSZDELETE (Deletion of Query Objects). In the selection screen, use the following values:

Type: REP

Object Version: A

Element UID: <Paste copied ELTUID from RZELTDIR>

Transport System: Select the Last Used On radio button

When you execute, a new screen will appear with the query and all of it's assocuated elements. Uncheck any elements that you want to keep and then execute. This will delete all of the checked items, including your unwanted query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the information.

Can you please let me know what are all the things to be considered when we want to overwrite a query with same technical name(on different datatargets) while transporting from development to quality.

I want the query to be overwritten.

Regards,

MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bettre you maintain seperate Technical names for each Query so it can be easily identifiable.

For each query system will generate an ID which is not unique.

While opening the other what error you getting.

Collect query elements thry Transport connection and do the normal transport.

Let us know if you still have any issues.

Reg

Pra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajeed,

Were you ever able to overwrite the query?

I have the same requirement and need to overwrite the query with another query maintaining the same technical name and the same internal key of the original.

I apreciate if you can share how you managed to resolve this.

Thank you

AA