cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see tables & views in crystal reports 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am connecting to SQL Server 2008 through ODBC from Crystal Reports 11.5 and I am using the below driver:

SQL Server 2000.86.3959.00

But from crystal reports I don't see tables and views.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same problem. In Crystal | Database Options I removed the '_' in Owner LIKE field and was then able to see tables and views. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same problem. In Crystal | Database Options I removed the '_' in Owner LIKE field and was then able to see tables and views. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Once you connect using the Database wizard right click on the connection DSN and choose options. Uncheck everything except Tables. If you still dont' see anything then try adding filtering for just your user.

If still nothing check with your DBA to verify you can access the database.

Thank you

Don

0 Kudos

I should also add that with MS SQL Server 2008 the standard MDAC database components are not supported and you should install the Client from MS CD/DVD on any PC that will be connecting.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under Options when I am checking tables & views, I see both tables & views.

But along with tables & views checked when I am checking stored procedures, I see only stored procedures. I want to see all three - tables, views & stored procedures.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos

Hello,

When Crystal populates this list it is dependant on the amount of resources your PC has. It fills the list until no more can be added.

Close all other programs and try again. Try adding filtering for just your user or using wild card names etc.

No other way around this, it's a limitation of your system resources.

Thank you

Don