Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run SE30 on an update task, http, etc.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have any issue, it's just for your information, as I couldn't find the question in the forum or sap notes.

I wanted to trace the updates triggered by a dialog transaction (MIR4 in my case, but this may apply to any transaction, and even batch programs).

I tried to activate update debugging, and when debugger starts automatically (at first update function module), I ran the trace from SE30 in "parallel mode" (as the update task seemt to be captured in dialog in exclusive mode) but it gives an empty trace.

The solution was to click the "Schedule For User/Service" button in SE30. It is possible to schedule a trace to start automatically for a user (enter yours), a client (enter current client), a given external session (choose Any for an update task), process category i.e. either a workprocess type (DIA, BGD, UPD) or other types (RFC, HTTP, etc.) (choose Update), object type is used to restrict (choose Any).

There is a "Max. No. of Sched. Measurements" field.

Now the next Update task with these criteria will automatically start a trace.

2 REPLIES 2

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing. Maybe something for the ABAP wiki?

Thomas

0 Kudos

As the SDN wiki is now "semi-closed" , I'll try to post it to the Docupedia's wiki