cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in testing a Web service using SOAPUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed a web service in our ECC 6.0 and download the WSDL file generated from SE80. When i downloaded the file, it saved as only XML file. As I dont have JAVA stack in the ECC 6.0, i was testing using SOAPUI. But when i try to upload the file, it always says "Found nothing to import <URL>".

Can anyone help me why it is giving this error? I still doubt there is some problem with the WSDL file which is generated for the service.

Please guide me how to check the WSDL file generated is correct or not?

Cheers,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the Tcode SOAMANAGER and clicking on the "Open WSDL document  for selected binding". The URL that is given after is where the WSDL is located. Use this URL in the SAOPUI for importing the WSDL.

I had success doing this to setup SOAPUI for Web Service testing.

Regards,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any luck with this?

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you access trasaction: SOAMANAGER?

WSDL file you saved may not have endpoint (search for port, binding in wsdl), you can't test wsdl just by uploading wsdl into SOAPUI, your wsdl must point to some endpoint which will be called by SOAPUI.

In your case I think there is no endpoint available. once you find endpoint use that url for testing with SOAPUI (direct url no wsdl).

Let me know more to help you.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gourav for ur reply.

Actually endpoint is availabe for my service and below are the details getting displayed in the SOAMANAGER.

Service State Endpoints Creation Type

YMTEST_WS Active YMWS Manually Created

Even while testing my ECC 6.0 web services, in the web service navigator from CRM 2007 system (by providing the J2ee server details of CRM 2007), there also it says "No Endpoints are available". But my CRM web services can be tested in the navigator. Not able to get difference of ECC 6.0 and CRM web services?

Is there anything to do with Web service navigator white list?

Your reply would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Does your downloaded "XML" file contain the <wsdl:port name> tag or for that matter <wsdl:binding> tag? If it doesn't (which I very much suspect) then the wsdl document is only a porttype wsdl document i.e. doesn't contain any bindings. You will have to generate the binding for the WSDL in transaction SOAMANAGER.

Regards

Salil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Salil,

The downloaded XML file from the service definition in SE80 doesnt have <wsdl:binding> tag.

You will have to generate the binding for the WSDL in transaction SOAMANAGER.</italics>

If you see my previous msg, the endpoints are created for the service. Is there any other steps to be done under SOAMANAGER?

Cheers,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Look at this blog which explains the steps for creating the "configurations" for a web service. Once you have the wsdl document for the binding then you can use SOAPUI for testing.

/people/mohan.kumark/blog/2008/10/14/soamanager-how-to-test-service-definition-using-soamanager-transaction

Cheers

Salil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the blog Salil.

What ever it is mentioned is already done in SOAMANAGER. Endpoints are available for the service.

Below is the Overview of the service:

Object Status: Services: 1 / Endpoints: 1

Porttype Namespace: urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style

Porttype Name: YMTEST_WS

Internal Name: YMTEST_WS

SOAP Applikation: URN:SAP-COM:SOAP:RUNTIME:APPLICATION:RFC:710

Package Name: $TMP

Ok, i have developed 2 web services. One web service in ECC 6.0, where Java stack not available so i provided CRM system Java stack address in the global setting and executed my ECC 6.0 web service which says "No endpoints are found for the Web service"

Following is the URL: http://tuasd06db.tuasw2k.tuaspower.com.sg:8000/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_YMTEST_WS/wsdl11/ws_policy/docum...

The one web service which created in CRM 2007, i can test in the navigator, no problem with that.

Following is the URL:

http://tuasd06db.tuasw2k.tuaspower.com.sg:8002/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_DE7DA5BA0B3A93F1AF60001A64258BFC...

You can find the URL difference btw the URL's. Do i need to publish the service in the service registry? I thought for testing it is not required.

Now all i have problem with the ECC 6.0 web service.

Cheers,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

I can't see the urls as they point to the intranet site of your client. Is there any way you could provide the wsdl info starting from the <wsdl:message> tag onwards.

One other thing you could do is to check if the generated wsdl has created an "active" SICF node -

sap->bc->srt->rfc->sap->YMTEST_WS /220.

That would be a good starting point.

Cheers

Salil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salil,

WSDL is active in SICF node. The WSDL file in the SE80 for the service definition is not having any binding related details.

- <wsdl:message name="YmadTestFm">

<wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:YmadTestFm" />

</wsdl:message>

- <wsdl:message name="YmadTestFmResponse">

<wsdl:part name="parameter" element="tns:YmadTestFmResponse" />

</wsdl:message>

- <wsdl:portType name="YMTEST_WS">

- <wsp:Policy>

<wsp:PolicyReference URI="#IF_YMTEST_WS" />

</wsp:Policy>

- <wsdl:operation name="YmadTestFm">

- <wsp:Policy>

<wsp:PolicyReference URI="#OP_YmadTestFm" />

</wsp:Policy>

<wsdl:input message="tns:YmadTestFm" />

<wsdl:output message="tns:YmadTestFmResponse" />

</wsdl:operation>

</wsdl:portType>

</wsdl:definitions>

But when i see the WSDL from "Open WSDL document for selected binding" in SOAMANAGER, i can see the document along wth below details.

<wsdl:binding name="YMWS" type="tns:YMTEST_WS">

Cheers,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Following is the URL: http://tuasd06db.tuasw2k.tuaspower.com.sg:8000/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_YMTEST_WS/wsdl11/ws_policy/docum...

Not a correct url for binding (this is just port type wsdl with no endpoint and if you use this address you won't be able to test it.Use "Open WSDL document for selected binding" link for correct wsdl

>Following is the URL:

http://tuasd06db.tuasw2k.tuaspower.com.sg:8002/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_DE7DA5BA0B3A93F1AF60001A64258BFC...

Correct URL for binding.

Create binding again if your wsdl url dont look like later url, for your ECC service give any arbitary name for service and endpoint and save it. For testing use link "Open WSDL document for selected binding" in SOAMANAGER for your service.

I am surethis will work this time.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

The ECC 6.0 service link is copied from service definition(SE80) - WSDL tab which is generated automatically.As mentioned our ECC 6.0 is purly ABAP system, i gave CRM 2007 system details in the Access information for J2EE in global settings. SO when i use navigator to test it, it first asks for URL to enter. After providing the URL, while testing it says "No endpoints found for the web service".

But the web service i created in CRM system itself n try to test in web service navigator. It automatically takes me to the URL i provided in my previous msg.

When i gave the link which is available "Open WSDL document for selected binding", it gave me the below error.

Cannot download the WSDL from <url>; Invalid Response Code: (500) Internal Server Error

I also tried deleting the endpoints and re-create. But it didnt work.

Cheers,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SE80 url is not implemented one. It is just modeled url. How did you created service/endpoint???

Goto SOAMANAGER find your service and copy url from "Open WSDL document for selected binding" link.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

When i gave the link which is available "Open WSDL document for selected binding", it gave me the below error.

Cannot download the WSDL from <url>; Invalid Response Code: (500) Internal Server Error

Cheers,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing, delete existing service and binding and create new one.

- Open wsdl file from SOAMANAGER "Open WSDL document for selected binding"

- Copy wsdl url.

- Test in SOAPUI or WSNavigator

Also try if you can use link "Open Web Service navigator for selected binding" and if there is binding available in dropdown box.

See any other implementation in your landscape in case of doubt.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

I have tried all that you told but stil i am getting the same error,"Cannot download the WSDL from <url>; Invalid Response Code: (500) Internal Server Error"

Is it problem that i am running the ECC 6.0 service in CRM java stack? Even when i give the WSDL url which is in "Open WSDL document for selected binding" it is giviing the error " Error in importing WSDL soap exception"

Cheers

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Is it problem that i am running the ECC 6.0 service in CRM java stack?

What do you mean by that?

If you mean of using WSNavigator of CRM for testing then it is not a problem. I also observe your CRM and ECC url is same with same client expet different http port. why that? Please use url of ECC system, do not care about Java or ABAP stack but just use correct url.

Regards,

Gourav