cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denying 'Edit Query' right for Web Intelligence user group

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to make it such that all of my Webi users do not see the 'Edit Query' button from the Interactive Control Panel.

I tried creating a custom access level which had the following Included Rights:

Collecti Type Right Name Status Apply To

======== ======================= ========== ====== =====================

Content Web Intelligence Report Edit Query Denied Object and SubObjects

Content Web Intelligence Report View SQL Denied Object and SubObjects

I then created a test group, and added a test user to it.

I then went to the Personal Folders and tried to set Set Security for the Top-Level Folder.

I chose 'Add Principles', added my new group with its single member, and assigned security, choosing the custom access level

I had pre-defined (as above).

I tried this at the Folders level as well, but I can't seem to remove the 'Edit Query' button for my test user without going to the User Security settings on his Personal folder, selecting his username as the principal, choosing 'Assign Security' and then explicitly denying Content>Web Intelligence Report>Specific Rights for Web Intelligence Report--> Edit Query (the Implicit Value column has a value of 'Denied' for this right, but in my testing, it doesn't take effect until I choose it).

Any suggestions? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Or is there not a way to deny this right other than by denying it for each individual user?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Douglas,

I would look at the rights assigned in the CMC under Applications, Web Intelligence, User Security.

What version are you on? We are on XI 3.1.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We are using R3.1 also.

I have looked at the settings for the Web Intelligence Application, but I don't see 'Edit Query' listed as

a specific right under the rights list. The closest I can find is 'Enable Query - HTML', which I have tried denying for

the 'Everyone' group, but when I test with my user, I can still see the 'Edit Query' button in the control panel when I open

my WebI document.

The only way I've found to remove the 'Edit Query' right is to deny it at the individual personal folder level for that particular user (i.e. Assign Security > Advanced > Add/Remove Rights > Content - Web Intelligence Report - Edit Query --> Denied).

I'd like to be able to do it on a group level instead of an individual level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Douglas,

Have you tried the following: Go to CMC/Applications/Web Intelligence, then select User security under Web Intelligence, the User groups should then be displayed, if not, select Add pricipals and add the Group. Then select a Group (Highlight) and select Assign Security. On the Assign Security screen select Advanced, then ADD/Remove Rights. On the Add/Remove Rights screen select General to see the General Global Rights, select Application, then Web Intelligence to see the Specific Rights.

Mike

Answers (0)