cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport COPA value field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now user want to have a new value field in production system, i change the description of a not used valued field in development system and wan to transport to quality system and production system.

So i use KE3I, select operating concern and select only 'Structures: ABAP Repository objects' , it is enough, rihgt?

It will not have impact on the real COPA transaction data in production system, right?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

David,

If you are re-using an old value field never used in production, you are fine.

If you are using an old value field used in the past in production, make aware your client that value field would be changed regardless time. Meaning that if the value field was used in 2007 it would inherited the new name.

These are few steps I would do:

1.- Double check nobody made undesired changes in COPA data structure, beside the one you made. Compare you development and quality system, and if possible your production system too.

2.- Once you have confirmed that every thing looks good, do the change and mapping accordingly. Then, yes, proceed as you indicated with transaction KE3i (Structure).

3.- Release the transports and request BASIS to move then first to quality.

4.- Once in Quality you may want to check transaction KEA0, in case the Operating Concern has to be re-generated and do so if needed.

5.- Check that your change made right.

6.- Try few such invoices and/or FI invoices to make sure COPA keeps running smoothly and COPA is populating you value field correctly.

7.- Finally , if everything looks fine, request the TPs to be moved production and re-generated COPA operating concern if needed.

Hope this helps.

GG

former_member663181
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.