cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form Printing forum

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can this be renamed to "SAPScript and SmartForms", since Adobe has its own. It's astonishing how many times I've had to move such messages from General.

matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if the renaming of forums will help you in moderation efforts or not. IMMO everyone knows what is the motive of Form Printing forum,and what kinda of questions should post there,they all know. Even though they will always attract to post in ABAP General because this is the only place where they can get many replies.

Here is the nice example for you to compare the replies in General vs Forms for the same question!(many other threads are also there)

Then why would anyone post their query in Form printing as long as they are receiving enough answers instead getting abuse reports from our folks?

Most of the non-sense happens in ABAP General only. Had anyone came across with the thoughts the reason behind this?

IMO how about if you take away the ABAP General forum itself? I cannot see any specific reason or any improvement of General forums.

Therefore I'm thinking either way. Why not you remove the ABAP General forum itself since we have already well precise forums categories for all other areas in ABAP for ex. Performance, Data Dictionary, Forum printing etc? Is there any area in ABAP which we are still missing? If yes then I would suggest you to create that new specific forum category rather then renaming the forums(Because this won't help you much).

The reason why Other ERP or Functional forums have less abuse as contrast to ABAP is because they are not having many wide category of forums like ABAP General.

Just for the god sake for a moment Imagine After removing the General forum how many guys would ask their Smartforms question in Performance forum or Their Table related question in Form printing?I hope No-body! Therefore almost No Moderation will required!

~Just 2 cents

Cheers

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My Vote too.

In fact after re-naming the Forum, if there's still further violations, I suggest these threads be simply locked/deleted. No further movings. Enough warnings have been given plus there was the sticky (I suggest bringing that back) that warned violators.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plan Z would be to use SAPGui as the frontend, and then instead of content filters we could raise messages specific to forums (S), applications (E), and users (W)...

I think the best solution is to make it as intuitive as possible so that it is scalable without too many exceptions.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's Plan Z without a Plan Y?

Maybe SCN could ask Jive to write a program that will immediately Guestify the user when the content filters identify strings like Smartform, LSMW, BDC, Date etc in the OP's post in ABAP General

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not a big computer game player, but the one or two I have tried had monitor guns which shoot at anything which moves.

The trick is usually to turn them via some computer terminal in a side room or make some noise in a far corner when the guards are on the other side and then retreat to safety as they blunder over into the limelight...

I think you could do that with GUI scripting as well, but it has much the same affect...

Cheers,

Julius

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even after your sticky on form related posts, many people posted the forms related questions in General forum. To avoid this confusion may be it is the right suggestion, so I too agree with you. along with that we need to add the comment on this change In the Forum rules sticky thread as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too. I have lost count of how many posts I have had to move.

Cheers,

Julius

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree. There are even some posts in SD General that belong in the Forms forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I second the motion.

Rob