Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating a overwrite method in class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm trying to create an overwrite method in the class CL_HREIC_EECONTACT2SRCHV_IMPL but it just won't let me. Every time I try I get the message "The class has not yet been converted to the new class-local types" and I cannot create it.The thing is I've tried to create overwrite methods in diferent classes and sometimes I get the message and sometimes I don't, so it seems to depend on the class I'm trying to enhance, but I don't seem to be able to see any pattern in it.

Any help?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai raf

just check the class type wether it is final or not

just check the difference between the classes which do not give error and which give error

there might be some difference

m.a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello i had the same problem and i couldn't create enhancement pre or post methods.

The message was:

The class has not yet been converted to the new class-local types

Exception of class CX_ENH_OLD_LOCAL_CLASS_TYPES

This can be fixed by entering in SE24 transaction: Change class. From menu choose: Utilities -> Convert class-local types.

After that activate the class.

Now the class can be enhanced.

However this action requires change of the class

Regards,

Rosen

0 Kudos

Hi Rosen,

PFA image.

I have faced the same issue while creating a overwrite-exit, i fixed that by using your inputs and i added enhancement code in it .Here one more problem i am facing  while activating the method.

Saying my enhancement name( ZSET_FOCUS_VIEW_ID) TYPE is unknown.Could you please look into this and help me out.

Regards,

Anand.

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to modify the standard class (repair it), you're usually stuck with using implicit extensions.

Best regards,

Guillaume