The following error keeps occurring when I try to install our Crystal Reports XI. We are actually getting this error on a couple machines, and Iu2019ve tried all of the things listed on the following pages in order to solve the problem, but to no avail:
This is the Error we are receiving:
"Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Engerprise 11\win32_x86\plugins\auth\secLDAP\secldap.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel." Abort, Retry, Ignore
These are the things Iu2019ve tried in order to correct the problem:
u2022 When trying to uninstall: Successfully uninstalled. Error still occurs upon installation.
u2022 Deleted all Business Objects folders/files and tried re-installing and choosing "Ignore" when the error occurs. Then I tried running regsvr32 manually on u201Csecldap.dllu201D: regsvr32 fails with the following error message u2013 "LoadLibrary("secldap.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."
u2022 I checked Data Execution Prevention (DEP) setting and it is set as u201CTurn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services onlyu201D as was suggested: Error still occurs upon installation.
The account Iu2019m logged into when attempting the installation also has Full Administrator Rights.
u2022 Administrator Privileges
u2022 Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3
u2022 All Microsoft .NET Frameworks installed and up-to-date
u2022 The installation should not be corrupted as we are using the CDu2019s we purchased. It is worthy to note that the Merge Modules I downloaded for Crystal Reports also fail to install due to this same error.
I checked the hard drive and interestingly enough the secldap.dll does get placed on the drive midway through installation, so the secldap.dll does exist.
There should be no u201Calias copiesu201D of the DLL because I manually removed any files and folders that the Crystal Reports uninstaller left behind. Iu2019m at a loss as to what to do next to get Crystal Reports installable on these machines. Anything you could suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
No suggestions? I've even manually nuked all Registry entries containing Business Objects data. Nothing seems to fix the issue. Also updated windows installer from 3.x to 4.5. I unregistered and re-registered windows installer. The log upon installation contains the following errors when it gets stuck:
DEBUG: Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\win32_x86\plugins\auth\secLDAP\secldap.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel.
DEBUG: Error 2835: The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog ErrorDialog
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2835. The arguments are: ErrorIcon, ErrorDialog,
Edited by: A Thompson on Aug 25, 2009 7:00 PM
Edited by: A Thompson on Aug 25, 2009 7:01 PM
I am having this exact problem and have been desperately googling for answers today.
I found some information indicating that this issue was addressed in sp4, but I can't install the sp because I can't successfully install Crystal. (Crystal XI - same as the original poster)
Is there any solution?
The closest to a solution I came up with was to try installing Crystal Reports XI from the cds. When the error occurs click to ignore the error and proceed with the install. After the install is finished, the installer will check for updates which gives a link to Crystal Reports XI Release 2 Service pack 4. This is a complete install file of around 1.7 GB in size. Using this install removes the old Crystal Reports XI Release 1 which is where this issue springs from, and installs Release 2 with no errors. Dll versions will change from 11 to 11_5 and the Crystal Viewer will have updated features, like their calendar no longer loads externally within a small internet explorer window, but rather it loads an internal calendar control. After you have installed the updated install file that is the Release 2 version, you can go to this link and install the Service Pack 5 update that Business Objects came out with. Try here: [http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#04]
I ended up choosing "Ignore" too and just let the install continue. I didn't expect much success, but... SURPRISE!...everything was ok. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was happy to be back on track but still very curious as to why ignoring an error produced the desired state. Others were struggling for this answer too. Good to know it was a behind-the-scenes service pack. Thanks again!
Resolved. See solution above.
Latest merge modules for Crystal Reports XI Release 2 here:
Edited by: A Thompson on Sep 3, 2009 7:10 PM