cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Disable the "Start Page" in Crystal Reports XI and 2008

timothyromine
Participant
0 Kudos

I have been working in CR for years and find the "Start Page" "feature" that was introduced in CR XI to be altogether annoying and utterly useless, especially when a firewall block CR's attempt to access the Internet and an error message pops up. I have already disabled "Check for Updates on Start Up". How can I disable the "Start Page" when Crystal Reports starts up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the registry value for HKEY_CURRENT_USER|Software|Business Objects|Suite 11.5|Crystal Reports|StartPage can be set to No to prevent the Online Resources from displaying. Crystal Reports should not be running when you make the change.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know when you open a report via the window exploerer it doesn't show the start page so there is a trigger some where to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think it is possible to totally disable it but here is a link with information on how to change the start page so that an internet connection is not requested.

[http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/147#more-147]

timothyromine
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Kodidine. This does eliminate the connection error issue, but I really want that screen to go away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing this link Sanjay.  It was very helpful and took care of my issue!