cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method supplement - to be use to group cheques when printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I need to set up procedure so that when printing cheques, certain cheques will be printed together.

To explain more clearly, e.g. I have 1000 vendors that will be paid in the same payment run. These 1000 vendors are served by 5 account managers. I want to print the cheques so that the cheques to vendors that are served by respective account managers will be grouped together when they are printed i.e. say the first 200 cheques will be printed for account manager 1 the next 300 cheques for account manager 2.

I turned on payment method supplement in the company code. I created payment method supplements for each account manager. Since I am using one tme vendor for this process, I put in the respective payment method supplement when I enter the invoice. However, when the cheques are printed, they are not printed in groups according to the payment method supplement.

If I can this work how would the accounts payable person tell which group do the cheques belong??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Have u tick marked the Payment method supplement field in FBZP under All company codes. IF not tick the payment method supplement field, then it will work.

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your input but I have already marked the Payment method supplement field in FBZP under All company codes. It is not working. Any other thing I might have missed??

Thanks

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Are you giving the payment method supplement in the print program variant RFFOUS_C for different payment method supplements. Check whether the same is being done before running the pring program.

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for the information. I have done that but maybe my understanding of the function is not correct.

If for example, I have 5 different payment method supplement, I thought by putting in all payment method supplement in the same variant of the print program RFFOUS_C, I can print ALL the cheques in the payment run and SAP will print the cheques with sorting according to the payment method supplement. So in the end all payment method supplement 1 e.g. will be printed first followed by payment method supplement 2, so on so forth. But it looks like that if I put all the payment method supplement in the same variant, SAP just print ALL the cheques with no particular order.

Would you have any suggestion as how I can get SAP to print cheques in the order of groups by payment method supplement?

Thanks

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

You need to create 5 different variants, with different payment method supplements and print one after another then the grouping of cheques can be happened. It can segregate all the cheques into one group based ont he payment method supplement given in the variant.

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikath.

Linda

Answers (0)