Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copyright of blogs posted in SDN

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question to raise here (Din't find any better place to put).

can any of SAP mentor tell me about copyright of blogs posted here in SDN? Because i have seen same blogs copied in some other sites with some other author name. Can we do anything on this regard?

For example, one of my weblog is posted in some other site, with the name of some other person.

SDN Link : /people/aashish.sinha/blog/2008/01/17/step-150-by-150-step-simple-approach-for-xslt-mapping

Other site link : http://www.sap-xi.com/sap-xi-scenarios-file-file-xslt.html

I hope you will find many blogs there copied from SDN blogs. It frustrate people.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I received one comment on my blog from Li Clemens. He got a response from the site owner (thomas) and thomas promised that content will be removed within couple of days.

Lets see how it work out.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read [Jim Spath's blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/15556] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];: Some excellent suggestions there.

matt

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LOL... How did you get that done?

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is a setting in SPRO somewhere...

Clever SAP! Great move!

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> looks better now

Brilliant! I have quite a few images with similar contents on my website. I hate it when people just deeplink without mentioning the source and tend to reshuffle my images when I notice this. But in this context it is absolutely spot on!

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

no no, not my honor. I received this note from the owner of that site:

--

Amit Varghese

<sender line remove>

<remove to line>

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

Hi Clemens,

We have removed the scenario from our site.

Thank you for informing us and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Thomas

--

Proof: It's always better to communicate than to shout - I asked him to take action and he did.

I don't know who's got the copyright for the nice graphics

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, he even took his whole site down...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added this to an internal thread which SAP Legal can react to, but that is not a cure.

In a previous case which hosted SAP education course material, they shut the site down in about 1 hour, but that is not a cure either.

Cheers,

Julius

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, All

Same Here Please Check the following Links

SDN Link --> /people/faisal.altaf2/blog/2009/04/08/export-or-preview-graphic-of-se78

Other Link --> http://www.sap-abap4.com/export-or-preview-graphic-of-se78-106/

Regards,

Faisal

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

but this one carries the addition "From sdn.sap.com." And no other (false) name is given.

You may take it as a honor to be published on this site.

But still you should complain about the lousy display of ABAP code.

Regards,

Clemens

keep on blogging

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi, All

>

> Same Here Please Check the following Links

>

> SDN Link --> /people/faisal.altaf2/blog/2009/04/08/export-or-preview-graphic-of-se78

>

> Other Link --> http://www.sap-abap4.com/export-or-preview-graphic-of-se78-106/

>

> Regards,

> Faisal

Well, I doubt that site will last long. I tried to create a user called "you are nicked my son", and then posting a comment, but it doesn't even register properly.

If it happens the other way - i.e. a SAP blog has been copied from someone else, then obviously it's easy for us to take action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you ask me it looks like http://www.sap-abap4.com is more or less mirroring the blog contents. I wonder if they store the contents on their servers at all.

Cheers, Michael

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's pretty vile behaviour. It is definitely plagiarism. Shame there is no comment section, or method to complain. Hopefully the site will go out of business pretty soon. You could ping the site to find out its IP address, then do a whois at the appropriate directory to find out who to send an abuse report to.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

... to find out who to send an abuse report to. ...

And then? What if he/she simply answers "Sue me!"? Would you do it or rather think it's not worth it?

anton

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Complain to the ISP, it's usually against an ISP's terms of service and they should shut the site down. It would pop up again with a different ISP, but at least it's a disruption and you can continue to complain to the new ISP. At worst it will annoy the site owner no end, and it should be anonymous since the site owner don't actually receive the complaint.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> ... to find out who to send an abuse report to. ...

>

>

> And then? What if he/she simply answers "Sue me!"? Would you do it or rather think it's not worth it?

>

> anton

Anton - note the use of the word "could". It has a different meaning from "should". Anyway - what Mike said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nice example. they even left "your" namespace in it.

what makes the situation dangerous here is the fact that they pay people for uploading content. lots of people who maybe don't even have a clue about SAP or XI may see a chance to get some additional income.

SAd as it is, I think we have to kind of live with it because chances are high that for each such site SAP manages to get shut down, 3 new ones emerge.

my 2 cents,

anton