cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects in Change Lists

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I did some changes to mapping in Development, activated and transported the object from Dev to QA environment. Now that mapping does not work and I went to remove or undo those changes in mapping in Dev. The message mapping is missing in Dev environment but does show under Change Lists under Transportable. Is there is any way to return the changed object back from Changed List/Transportable to Mapping Objects/Message Mappings? If I right click on Standard Change List, I see three options, Open, Release for Transport and Close without Transport.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of right clicking on standard change list, click on the arrow that you can see just before the standard change list.

Is your previous mapping displayed here??

If so, right click, and say reject changes.

Go back to objects, and activate your mapping here.

Now, retransport your namespace to QA.

In case, you donot see any of your objects in change lists, then, open your current message mapping in your dev box. In the message mapping menu, click on history, and select the previous mapping that you want to use.

Regards,

Smitha.

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha:

Thanks for your response and feedback. The problem is that these objects were already activated and transported from DEV to QA systems but now I don't see the object: Message Mapping and Data Type in DEV system http://namespace, Objects, Message Mappings. It is missing there but it does show in Change Lists under Transportable and I see three options, Open, Release for Transport and Close without Transport. My question is, how can I recover or restore the message mapping or any changed objects back in Object list.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you have transported the objects ? If you use file import/export, then go to QA system, following directory

<system name>..xi->repository_server->import->imported Files. In this folder, old imported files will be there. So you can reimport this to Dev and revert the changes.

Thanks,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy:

Yes, I have activated and transported the objects from Dev to QA. I wanted to undo the changes done and restore the object in Dev. How can I do that?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajan,

It is better to import the old exported tpz files into Dev. You can see , this old exported files in the Export folder of your DEV system.Or Import->Imported Files directory of the QA system.

Once you get the old .tpz file, then put this file into the Import directory of Dev system. Then go to IR->Tools->Imported Objects->...Import the old TPZ . so that you will get old version .

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Would this revert the changes done in QA and restore the object in Dev environment? If I re-import the object from QA to Dev, will that changed object be missing in QA under namespace/objects/message mappings?

Thanks!

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rajan,

<i>Would this revert the changes done in QA</i>

What, changes you have done ??? Usually it is not recommended to do the changes in QA for the IR objects..

For the safer side, you go to Dev system->Export folder-> get the old exported tpz file and copy thi into the import folder of the Dev itself. Then import it.

<i>If I re-import the object from QA to Dev, will that changed object be missing in QA under namespace/objects/message mappings?</i>

There is no connection with QA in this case.

BTW, how you have exported previous time ? Is it namespace level or component level ?

But importing old version will oerwrite new changes (mapping) done in the Dev.

Whenever objects are moved into QA->Prod etc, and if you want to change the object in the mapping,then it is advisable to export the latest working one in the Dev system, and then go and change the objects. SO that you have a backup. Else you can create copy the working object into one more dummy SWCV and keep for you rreference.

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

The object changed was component level. Objects changed were: Data Type - Added 1 new data type for mapping. Message Mapping - Mapped the new data type from source to target system.

Now I imported this xxx.tpz file into Dev from QA and it imported successfully but still it is not showing up in under Object - Message Mappings. Am I missing some step here? When I go to Change List on Dev under Integration Repository, it is showing Open and Transportable tabs. For Open, I can activate or delete, and for Transportable tabs, I can release for transport or close without transport. Which one should I choose and what would it do?

Thanks!

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved. Reimporting of object from QA to Dev created lot of problems as other objects in other namespace were changed since the last export from Dev to QA. I had to create a copy of changed object in Changed List and then modify/activate it to solve this issue.

Lesson learned: Before changind an existing object, it is a good practice to make a copy of that object and then modify the original.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue resolved.